Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The website/marketing material isnt overly clear but does sat nav come as standard even on the entry model velar d180?

I've seen upgrade options for navigation pro etc but would expect a nav system as standard when spending £45k on the basic spec?

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for info regarding satnav guys just got
Back from my RR dealer I've cancelled my order
Which was due delivery end of august and re ordered upgrading to an R dynamic which should
Be with me November, I think there could be a few
Upset RR customers in September when they find
Their 45k car has no satnav

·
Registered
727 Posts
I find it extremely funny when I read posts on social media etc and online media where people talk about the Velar being a £45k car. It kind of worries me that I have a launch edition coming and I have spent £84k on this car and will have to spend a lot of time telling people this car is actually nearly double the price of the entry level model!

Add a few bits and bobs and the Velar is nearly a £65k car for a decent spec!!

It's far from a £45k car and I really doubt there will be many bog standard poverty spec ones around! JLRs marketing tactic showing the launch edition car but then saying from £44k is highly misleading. The contract hire companies are also riding on this buy using images of high spec cars and then saying £349 a month - it pains!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Lighty460 said:
Thanks for info regarding satnav guys just got
Back from my RR dealer I've cancelled my order
Which was due delivery end of august and re ordered upgrading to an R dynamic which should
Be with me November, I think there could be a few
Upset RR customers in September when they find
Their 45k car has no satnav
Good to read your get what you want just a shame you have to wait now until November. :(

·
Registered
129 Posts
My build date also got pushed back a month to mid November because my salesman had to change my option list because he mistakenly left a few items off. No problem, I'll look forward to y'all pictures, videos, and feed backs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am now one of those unhappy people who just took delivery of a standard Velar and now found out it has no sat nav as standard. The spec option was Pro Navigation. It never occurred to me that with those two screens there wouldn't actually be sat nav? I am so upset right now. I don't know what to do. Do you think the factory might take it back and fit?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm so sorry to here that. I'm pretty sure it can be replaced or updated to include nav. It may take a while before service is trained and parts are available.

I believe all US are spec with nav.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would suggest go back to dealer tell them your
Not happy if they are loyal to customers they
Will give you a full refund against a re-order
It's crazy a state of the art Range Rover doesn't
Have a simple sat nav.

·
Registered
18 Posts
my dealer has let me spec up a S when my options on the SE were standard or way cheaper....or just not on there so I've missed out.

I would have expected a little assistance but he doesn't have a clue...

slightly pissed off too

Does anyone know if you can add configurable dynamics post delivery as I'm assuming its just to do with the electrics?

·
Registered
101 Posts
@Md6410

I would really pressure your dealer (and pay, the upmost attention with your next config, JLR offers just to much bloody options). Let your dealer buy back the car (minus some driven miles) and order the spec you want.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I don't know how you all buy cars without knowing what you're getting. Most cars at a 45k price point from Mercedes, BMW, and even Porsche don't come with nav in base spec. Having said that, I do agree that it's sad these manufacturers still consider this a "luxury" in 2017.

The in control apps (I assume those are standard) offer navigation choices though. They use the gps on your smartphone, but give you real time nav on the built in screen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for all the help and replies, keep em coming. I'll be speaking to the dealer and making some enquiries with LR direct. I live in Solihull after all!

The InControl app compatibility is also a factory fit preparation which I didn't realise either. Having come out of a highly equipped BMW to this Velar I obviously didn't appreciate how much kit was on the Beemer and how little is standard on the Velar. It stinks. What next, start charging extra for a basic steering wheel or doors?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Let us know how you get on with your dealer
Axelrod, I'm sure there's going to be a few more
People in the same position as yourself, I cancelled
My standard velar and upgraded to the R Dynamic
When I found out no sat nav. Good Luck.

Ps it's going to be funny to see a state of the art
Range Rover velar on the road with a Tom Tom
Stuck on the windscreen.

·
Registered
727 Posts
The basic Velar is a bloody joke - £44k price - not sure what JLR was thinking making that model. The range should have started from £55k with a decent spec. Good luck in sorting this out but I don't think you will get anywhere with this :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also find that electric seats with 10 way control not included lumbal support move lol.
My old AUDI A5 2012 with manual seats have this option for free and here is even not icluded on electric seats...
I have R Dynamic SE who included sat navi but not find option for sim card on armrest console?
ANy one to tell me on what is the name of this option or package that added sim slot+wifi spot!?
Also how to use music from my samsung s8?Press bluetooth i see only phone options but not other from my android smartphone.
Also see on some pictures spotify app on Velar but i can find this too...
Too many questions hope some one to help me at here on pm.
Will try add some impressions in few days from d240 rdynamic SE,20'...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.