Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So another issue with uploading new maps, I am able to upload maps from Land Rover here onto my 256gb memory stick.
When I start car turn on nav and then insert memory stick I get the message flash up " Format not supported for multi media usage".
I have tried various methods and aps to format stick to FAT32 which I believe to be the correct format but I am having no luck, I understand for some reason formatting to FAT32 is difficult on windows 10, is there something I am missing or doing wrong?
Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've been using a 32Gb USB stick formatted to FAT32 every month for almost 2 years - it's worked fine every time. My car's a 2019 with InControl Pro too.

Windows 10 won't let you format FAT32 at larger sizes than 32Gb - it's possible that Land Rover won't recognise FAT32 at larger sizes either.

Have you tried another stick, or maybe exFAT (not sure if LR supports that)? Or possibly just partition the one you have to 32Gb FAT32 and try that?

The latest UK, Europe and Russia map just fits in 32GB but LR recommend 64GB of free space so I'm guessing exFAT should be supported!

If only it could be split into smaller downloads as needed.... I doubt I'll be driving to Russia any time soon!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been using a 32Gb USB stick formatted to FAT32 every month for almost 2 years - it's worked fine every time. My car's a 2019 with InControl Pro too.

Windows 10 won't let you format FAT32 at larger sizes than 32Gb - it's possible that Land Rover won't recognise FAT32 at larger sizes either.

Have you tried another stick, or maybe exFAT (not sure if LR supports that)? Or possibly just partition the one you have to 32Gb FAT32 and try that?

The latest UK, Europe and Russia map just fits in 32GB but LR recommend 64GB of free space so I'm guessing exFAT should be supported!

If only it could be split into smaller downloads as needed.... I doubt I'll be driving to Russia any time soon!
Thanks for this Jim, Very helpful, will check the other USB sticks I have and use one of those, Once I get this done its off to Russia :):ROFLMAO::LOL:.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, So update, purchased a 32gb and a 64 gb USB stick, tried to download maps on the 32 gb stick to learn that the 32gb stick is in fact only 28.6gb, 30.1gb was needed for the update.
So turning to the 64gb stick loaded the maps in standard configaration (EXFAT) and maps would not load. reconfigured stick to 32FAT and loaded maps again, woopee!! the maps loaded in under half hour, finally sorted, Thanks to Jim who put me on the right path.

Reactions: JimH

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi - I've a different problem with my maps update. My Intouch Pro Duo carried out an automatic update on 3rd December 21. I've since downloaded the latest version of Maps and tried to install this into Intouch (I've done this several times without any problems). The installation process started but quickly failed. Unfortunately the previous version of maps was deleted before the failure so I've now no maps installed in the system. Has anyone else had a similar experience.

·
Registered
2018 D240 HSE
611 Posts
Hi - I've a different problem with my maps update. My Intouch Pro Duo carried out an automatic update on 3rd December 21. I've since downloaded the latest version of Maps and tried to install this into Intouch (I've done this several times without any problems). The installation process started but quickly failed. Unfortunately the previous version of maps was deleted before the failure so I've now no maps installed in the system. Has anyone else had a similar experience.
Happened to me once, tried again with a new download on a different memory stick & everything has been okay since.

·
Registered
2018 D240 HSE
611 Posts
Thanks for that - I'll wait for a new download to be available and try again.
Sorry, didn’t mean next update, just downloaded the same version to a different stick.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Each time I’ve updated I have a similar experience. It always fails the first time, I have to redownload (which takes forever) and then it uploads.

I have discovered that not using the infotainment system while it’s uploading makes it more likely to succeed so don’t use CarPlay etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I reformatted the USB stick and then downloaded a new version of maps and then the upload to the car navigation system worked.
From what you are saying I may not have needed to reformat the USB stick but its a very quick task unlike downloading maps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.