Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking my son's bike to Halfords to trade it in and save a few pounds, I've scraped the back of the car. Nightmare. It's a couple of inches below the boot opening — unsure whether plastic or metal panel? Also seems to be a film that could peel off if I tried, rather than paint flaking off. They're not deep, 1mm max, just the top layer off.

Unsure how to touch up, has anyone any suggestions? Doesn't need to be perfect but at the moment every time I see it I get annoyed!!

Will touch up paint 'hide it'? Is it on plastic? Is it film or paint that's scratched off? Forgive my terminology, or lack of.
Image attached, key for scale
Liquid Wood Fluid Water Automotive exterior

·
Registered
64 Posts
Taking my son's bike to Halfords to trade it in and save a few pounds, I've scraped the back of the car. Nightmare. It's a couple of inches below the boot opening — unsure whether plastic or metal panel? Also seems to be a film that could peel off if I tried, rather than paint flaking off. They're not deep, 1mm max, just the top layer off.

Unsure how to touch up, has anyone any suggestions? Doesn't need to be perfect but at the moment every time I see it I get annoyed!!

Will touch up paint 'hide it'? Is it on plastic? Is it film or paint that's scratched off? Forgive my terminology, or lack of.
Image attached, key for scale View attachment 5479 .

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Think you will find its plastic. lightly abrade then touch up pencil, you may need to repeat with paint, cut it back when dry then polish, you will probably still be drawn to repair, as suggested chips away will do invisible repair, just have to send them a photo for free quote.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Think you will find its plastic. lightly abrade then touch up pencil, you may need to repeat with paint, cut it back when dry then polish, you will probably still be drawn to repair, as suggested chips away will do invisible repair, just have to send them a photo for free quote.
thanks for that, will get a quote...might just colour it in if need be though, as long as it hides it a bit that's ok!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts