Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I' be w to this board but have been reading with interest and some great pictures of delivered cars

I'm in the process of specing up a SE R Dynamic D240 which is top of my budget (and then some), one thing I can't work out is if the seats come with lumbar support, couldn't see this on standard spec or extra list

If anyone has a SE or SE R Dynamic do you have lumbar support as standard?

Thanks 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for reply, seems a shame you can't add it as an option but I suppose that may be included in the 18 way seat pack but at 拢2.8k I couldn't justify that

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dodge1201 said:
mge.92 said:
If I knew everything I do now from this forum when ordering my spec it would have been somewhat higher!! No lumbar support when spending 拢65k is a bit of a joke.
That's what I'm thinking now, To get lumbar I would probably be better off going for a HSE rather than select the expensive 18 way option, it something I've always had before and may miss

Is there anything else you wished you had added?

Registered
Haven't got my car yet but if ordering again I would add the black roof (my dealer is doing this when it arrives) and what I should have done is spec'd the cheapest wheels and then bought the 22" first edition ones on eBay for 拢2k! Snap them up now and order the basic ones!! If money no object I would have gone for the v6 diesel and also for full leather interior but at a 拢1500 option it's not worth it as adds nothing to the residual value. If you can push to HSE then you will get everything you want and the residual value is higher than high specing an SE to the same level. I was going for an S but you get a lot more included with the SE and upgraded wheels to the HSE ones.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dodge1201 said:
Haven't got my car yet but if ordering again I would add the black roof (my dealer is doing this when it arrives) and what I should have done is spec'd the cheapest wheels and then bought the 22" first edition ones on eBay for 拢2k! Snap them up now and order the basic ones!! If money no object I would have gone for the v6 diesel and also for full leather interior but at a 拢1500 option it's not worth it as adds nothing to the residual value. If you can push to HSE then you will get everything you want and the residual value is higher than high specing an SE to the same level. I was going for an S but you get a lot more included with the SE and upgraded wheels to the HSE ones.
I started the same with the S and realised a SE is cheaper with a few optikns, now I realise the HSE is the way to go, I had added a lot of extras that are standard on the HSE plus you get lumbar, I know it isn't on everyone's list but to me it makes a big difference on a long journey, plus you get larger wheels and some extra safety kit, worked out about 拢20 a month more due to better residual but it may be a step to far

Personally I wasn't keen on the black contrast roof when I saw it in person, as the Velar is relatively low I thought the black roof over powered it close up, it looked very glossy , thought it would have looked better as a metallic black (seems unfair you have to pay extra to keep the roof Narvak when it is a free colour), Corris is my favourite but I think the wrap idea is good to give you the choice

Registered
Standard SE seats are real leather mixed with suedecloth. Only the base trims have faux-leather. You can spec the high end Windsor leather on an SE if you want as well. I haven't compared so I can't comment on quality.

Registered
Just resurrecting this now there are more cars in the wild.

Has anyone been able to do an A-B comparison on the grained Vs Windsor leather?

Also as the extended leather packages spec Windsor for the dash and doors, is there a tangible contrast in feel between different leathers in the car?

Thanks

Registered
Can only comment on our Evoque which had basic leather and my uncle's Range Rover Autobiography which has the Windsor leather. The difference is night and day, even after I had treated my evoque to a load of love and attention, hand coressing the leather with the finest balms. The Windsor is so much softer than standard, if I had the choice I'd go Windsor....

Saying that we have ordered standard leather on the Velar purely a cost saving as we were at the top of the budget and pick other add on's that we thought was more desirable

1 - 14 of 14 Posts