Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back from a trip tonight and picked the Velar up the airport, it was minus 5C when I arrived and thought I would give the seat heaters a try. I had it on 3 and honestly could not even tell if they were on, even after the 25 minute drive home. If I had it on 3 on my last car, it felt like my butt was on fire. How hot do these get??

·
Registered
482 Posts
Our F-Pace was far too hot. Our Velar is fine but the seats do take time to heat up - 5mins into the journey and they're just coming through nicely. Level 3 becomes a bit too hot for anything but the initial surge. Levels 1 and 2 are good and can certainly be left on for the journey if you so wish.

Not quite as good as my Volvo but fine. The Jaguar was ridiculously hot, even unbearable. The dealer said there was nothing they could do as it was preset.

Your only hope is the dealer.

Arianne

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a 25 minute drive from the airport to home and there was no difference then when I first got in the car. My BMW was far too hot on 2 or 3 setting and I had the Velar on 3 all the way home, both sides.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Has to be broken. Mine are perfect. They don't get exceptionally hot, compared to my Porsche which burns it's so hot, but they're definitely noticeable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a problem with my heated seats too. They get nice and warm but turn themselves off after 20 minutes. No amount of button pushing and dial turning gets them going again. They only come back on after the engine is turned off, the car locked, unlocked and engine started again. Dealer is aware and the car is going in later this month to have the issue looked at.

It's a real pain now the colder weather is here,

D.

G

·
My observation is mixed. I have cold weather, -15C mornings right now, so sometimes I can't tell if they are really working... it takes a long time for them to heat up, and not sure if that is a result of the thickness of the leather or the slow rate of heating...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.