Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went today and saw a Velar in the flesh at the local dealer and have to say what a great looking car apart from the Copper parts, i would have to have the black pack to get rid of this, too many different colours.

Also like the idea that they have moved the AEB ect front sensor from the center of the grill area like on the Fpace to the lower grill area so it does not stick out so much.

The Matrix headlights look very nice also.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VelarMan said:
Glad you liked it. Depending on colour of the car I think the copper looks fantastic especially on Corris Grey! Looks weird on white and red though.
Saw it on corris grey today, too many colours for me, grey, black and then bits of copper, not for me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
VelarMan said:
Apparently the FFRR amd RRS get them on their facelifts too...
The Range Rover guys were saying the the next face-lifts on the Sport ect will also be getting the twin screen ITCP system also, its going to be introduced across the brand and range.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BLAM said:
The dual screens make it the sexiest interior, so upgrades to all models is a must.
I just hope and i really do that they get on top of the software of the ITCP and there are not the issues seen across other JLR brands, we all deserve better for the money they are charging.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BLAM said:
How did the velar look in size. A bit larger than the Jag? About the size of the GLE, Cayenne and X5?
To be honest it looked very similar to the Fpace perhaps a slightly longer rear past the rear wheels but overall similar, i would not say its a big difference, felt right at home sitting in the car to be honest.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Went to see the car yesterday, and was disappointed. Two things stood out for me, it's not really a five seater as there is nowhere for the person in middle of the second row to put their feet due to a very high rasied section in the middle.

Secondly the vehicle is very low, probably Evoque height when stationary with the air suspension option, looked wrong to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It was confirmed at the dealer that the middle seat is for occasional use only. I think even a child in the middle would be difficult. In my opinion it's easier to sit five in the evoque which I find rather odd as this is a bigger car.

·
Registered
421 Posts
This is the mid size SUV segment. The middle seat is not going to comfortably carry a fully grown human being. Check out all the competitors like the BMW X3 and Mercedes GLC and they are all like this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think you would struggle to put a small child in that middle seat due to the height of the floor in front of the seat which is too high to place feet on. placing feet either side encroaches significantly on the other passengers. Many mid size SUVs don't have this issue as the floor is either flat or only slightly raised in the middle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Currently drive a 2012 Lexus RX450h, considered to be a large SUV, but is smaller in width and length than the Velar. Surprised I guess to find the Velar much smaller in the back than the Lexus despite it being a bigger car. I was really hoping the Velar was going to be our next car, but sadly it's too small for our needs.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I did sit in the Velar and you can compare it to an X3 or Q5. Yes, the outside dimensions are as big as or almost as big as a large size like a BMW X5 or Mercedes GLE but the Velar is purposely a midsize SUV. Range Rover's tend to run smaller in terms of interior space to most german or japanese brands due to all the excess padding they put everywhere. If you compare the Range Rover Sport to a BMW X5, there is so much more room in the X5 because there is so much less padding and the door aren't as thick as the Sports.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.