Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello you lovely lot, I wonder if you could give me some advice. My lovely 2019 SE R-Dynamic Velar has been with us for almost 3 weeks now and I love it, however we have been back to the dealer once already with a couple of little niggles, I just wondered if this is normal and I accept it or keep going back to the JLR dealer.

when we pull onto our drive the near side parking sensors go mad (we don’t have the 360 deg camera) we can be a foot from our other car on the off side and no warnings but 6ft from next doors car and it’s going mad. (See pictures below), I can’t find any information regarding how far away an object has to be to activate the sensors.
the dealership said it’s because of the direction of the wheels, however I’ve disproved that, parked next to a wall and turned the wheels and there was no beeping.

there is a white noise type noise from the drivers window at speed ( I’ve seen some posts on Facebook about this and JLR can’t seem to fix). so it looks like it’s a live with thing.

thank you so much x

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Window Font Vehicle door

·
Registered
2018 D240 JSE
595 Posts
If you don't have it the manual is available via an app: Land Rover iGuide.

Mine doesn't behave like that, it behaves as you would expect on both sides of the vehicle. I think they are trying to fob you off. Try LR customer services if under LR warranty & dealer doesn't help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My Velar (S trim) doesn't do it but I test drove two others this week, the S never did it but the SE did the parking sensor behaviour above.

The drivers window just needs some packing in the top seal to make a tighter fit and stop the noise. Known issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've searched everywhere and seen the dealer and other experts. There is no solution. It's either zero warnings / sensors / brake activation or else you have to live with annoying sensors beeping constantly while you go about normal life. Entering and exiting your home garage or parking or just driving in traffic you have to stay far away from anything to avoid setting off sensors. It's so annoying I'm ready to get rid of this car as much as I like its other features.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts