Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know or been told of the Velar will have an option to have a 5 year service plan like the other models in the line up do (bar the full fat rr)?

My dealer thinks there may not be one offered on the Velar - I can't think why that would be so!?

·
Registered
421 Posts
According to my SA, the service plan is only announced when the cars start arriving to dealerships. So most likely when the first batch of cars arrive to customers early September, end of August.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mge.92 said:
According to my SA, the service plan is only announced when the cars start arriving to dealerships. So most likely when the first batch of cars arrive to customers early September, end of August.
Thanks - not sure how true that is as the Land Rover website was updated with the new discovery service plan much before the cars were delivered to customers. At the moment no mention of this for the Velar:

https://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/service-and-maintenance/service-plan-benefits.html

Let's hope it appears soon!

·
Registered
421 Posts
VelarMan said:
mge.92 said:
Thanks - not sure how true that is as the Land Rover website was updated with the new discovery service plan much before the cars were delivered to customers. At the moment no mention of this for the Velar:

https://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/service-and-maintenance/service-plan-benefits.html

Let's hope it appears soon!
Considering the first batch of cars are not supposed to be delivered closer to September and with all the other issues going on with roof rails and not enough stock of wheels I wouldn't be surprised if they are delayed in releasing maintenance information. I would suspect that its about the same price as the F-Pace which the Velar is based on. Also the Discovery has been delivered and is already in owners hands and at dealerships.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes that's correct - I meant to say the Discovery service plan was updated on their website much before the deliveries began to customers. I was going to buy a Disco hence how I know this :D

My DP says they have no info so far of a plan for the Velar so I hope the theory your SA told you is correct for our sake :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has anyone been able to confirm with their dealer if there will be a service plan offered with the Velar? As of now there is no info available and deliveries begin in 2 weeks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
my one thought it would be nearer time of delivery, which really is now, I've not heard anything further, I did express interest in it as we have it on an Evoque too.
How much longer till your one arrives VelarMan?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mth75 said:
@Velarman I would like to beat you to it Velarman :) ... 28 july!
:D my car is actually at the dealers now but I can't pick it up until I have my valeter apply Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ceramic Coating and EXO and he is currently holidaying somewhere! So in effect I have already won LOL!

·
Registered
101 Posts
VelarMan said:
mth75 said:
:D my car is actually at the dealers now but I can't pick it up until I have my valeter apply Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ceramic Coating and EXO and he is currently holidaying somewhere! So in effect I have already won LOL!
:)

I'm very sorry, i'm afraid you didn't :) ... look at this post from 10 july ... :) ... i'm waiting till next Friday too, it just @%@@

https://www.velarforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=156

·
Registered
129 Posts
What is your concern? Price or availability? Of course there will be a service plan and the price will be comparable to the Discovery. I think I will pass, not really saving much in the long run.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BLAM said:
What is your concern? Price or availability? Of course there will be a service plan and the price will be comparable to the Discovery. I think I will pass, not really saving much in the long run.
I would re-think that BLAM - a single service can cost up to £550 and you get free oil and AD Blue top ups too - in between services - I think the plan is great! Further more if there is one my dealer has promised to throw it in to the deal for free :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mth75 said:
VelarMan said:
mth75 said:

I'm very sorry, i'm afraid you didn't :) ... look at this post from 10 july ... :) ... i'm waiting till next Friday too, it just @%@@

Aha! it was your post that I sent to my Dealer Principal as a reference in which he sent me the circular from JLR about the vista error in cars being called over when they should not have! I think you have been lucky but your dealer must have got a good bollocking from head office!

·
Registered
79 Posts
VelarMan said:
mth75 said:
I just googled the Gtechniq crystal serum and now considering having that done on my car as well... I take it you've had it on previous cars and it's worth the money?

My velar will be narvik black all over so whatever I can do to prevent those swirl marks...

Any other treatments you would all recommend? Wrapping?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
VelarSam said:
VelarMan said:
mth75 said:
I just googled the Gtechniq crystal serum and now considering having that done on my car as well... I take it you've had it on previous cars and it's worth the money?

My velar will be narvik black all over so whatever I can do to prevent those swirl marks...

Any other treatments you would all recommend? Wrapping?
The Gtechniq stuff (Crystal Serum) is by far the best product on the market to help reduce swirls but only if the car is then maintained to a good standard using the 2 bucket wash method with the correct techniques. If the car is going to end up in your local car wash run by Eastern Europeans etc then there is no point spending the cash on a ceramic coat as the stuff they use in those car washes are so lethal and strong they will rip off the coating within 4-5 washes :eek:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ok fair enough, I'll have to price it in lol. I have found a good detailer in my area which also happens to be one of GTechniq's approved detailers.

Just hoping I can get it done on the 28th when I pick up the car

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
VelarSam said:
Ok fair enough, I'll have to price it in lol. I have found a good detailer in my area which also happens to be one of GTechniq's approved detailers.

Just hoping I can get it done on the 28th when I pick up the car
If you intend going down this route you MUST tell your dealer not to WASH your car and if all the protective packaging on the sills etc can stay on that is even better! If they wash the car your price for the ceramic coat will increase substantially as the detailer will need to carry out paint correction and removal of swirls that the dealer will put in when they wash the car. Ceramic coat can't be applied unless the paint work is 100% swirl free.

·
Registered
101 Posts
VelarMan said:
mth75 said:
VelarMan said:

Aha! it was your post that I sent to my Dealer Principal as a reference in which he sent me the circular from JLR about the vista error in cars being called over when they should not have! I think you have been lucky but your dealer must have got a good bollocking from head office!
Nah, it should be allright :) ... I love my dealer for bending the rules just a little bit :) ... not even bending ... being creative :)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.