Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the car in mid September. Everything was going well until the end of October. A puddle of liquid appeared on the drive at the passenger side rear wheel and the car developed a loud noise going over the smallest bump.

Phoned the dealer. They told me it would be late November before they could book it in. When I asked if I was going to do any damage driving it until then, they told me to ring Land Rover assist. They came out within the hour and drive it away with a broken/leaking shock absorber.

Land Rover gave me a courtesy car the next day. When the dealer tried to order the part, they were told no spares were available so they suggested taking one off the prod line. Land Rover said no and have given a date of the 15th December for the delivery of the replacement part. Car had only done 1000 miles of normal driving. Don't really think this is acceptable but not sure what else I can do

Anyone else having issues like this getting spares?

·
Registered
51 Posts
The dealer should take one off stock (hopefully they have one around!?)
Either way, that sucks. Terrible to think LR couldn't just find a shock within the production line to handle a customer issue!?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey ABC,

I've just had the same issue, I'm going to call Land Rover assist tomorrow, fingers crossed I can possibly get a car same day. The knocking noise is unreal when you go over a small ridge in the road.

Did yours get sorted in the end? Did you have to wait?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi van604,
"Terrible to think LR couldn't just find a shock within the production line to handle a customer issue!?'
Theses car are literally built to order, that's why it takes so long from build lock in to actually getting built, once your build spec / sheet goes in everything on it is collated and arrives at the right section just as your vehicle goes down the line, must be a logistical nightmare, can you imagine what the factory floor would be like if at each station there were loads of different part bins everywhere, still not good they can't go direct to a supplier to get an "extra" part though,

·
Registered
558 Posts
I cannot believe this story. If it's true then shame on JLR, however I find it hard to fathom....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had to wait about 4 weeks in the end. So I got it back earlier than they had estimated. They were pretty good at keeping me up to date with what was happening. After Land Rover assist took it away, they delivered a RRS to work the next day and I kept that until mine was fixed. Only issue was that I needed to take the car to Dublin which required organising extra insurance for the trip.

Hopefully yours will get fixed quickly as they should have parts available now. I have done another 1500 miles since the it broke and have had no other issues

1 - 6 of 6 Posts