Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fitted any side steps to their Velar?
Not sure if I don't like them or if our Velar is missing something below the side skirt, especially with a considerable gap - no air suspension and 20" wheels.
Been seeing more pictures of static steps and they look ok to be honest, especially on a all black car.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Have a set of the retractable ones. Ordered without seeing them and its a cool feature but not something that I would order again. Problem is when you try to step into the car it just makes it harder to step over or step on the side step to enter.

·
Registered
112 Posts
mge.92 said:
Have a set of the retractable ones. Ordered without seeing them and its a cool feature but not something that I would order again. Problem is when you try to step into the car it just makes it harder to step over or step on the side step to enter.
Great to hear your opinion. I had them on my 2010 Sport (fixed side steps) and they were awesome for my young child and petite wife to step into the vehicle, and for me they were great for getting out from inside my garage since the doors couldn't open very wide. Also in tight parking spots they made it much easier to get in. So I wanted them for the Velar but we're doing fine without them so far. I guess because the Velar is a bit lower.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread instead of starting a new one as its the same topic...

Does anybody have (or have pictures/links to) any aftermarket fixed side steps on a Velar? I know the cars size doesn't actually warrant them, but I love the side step look on an SUV so really considering them. The deploy-able ones are way too costly for a purely aesthetic feature (that is mainly hidden away when not deployed anyway).

I can find pictures of fixed Velar side steps online - but none actually fitted to a car.

Thanks,
Saqib

1 - 7 of 7 Posts