Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silicon Silver was going to be my absolute choice all along because of all the pictures and videos I've seen online in international auto shows. I finally got to see the car in person and oh boy was it disappointing. It looks good in direct sunlight but in the shades or a cloudy day, you're looking at a muddy brownish green car. Man, I wish they lightened up the color a bit. It's just not quite the color they photoshopped it out to be in all the advertisements. So then I decided to check out Corris grey because that seems to be the most popular color. Corris grey was everything I expected it would be....BORING. It's a safe color choice but the color is absolutely a snoozer. I think the Velar's entire color option is terrible in general. They have an all blacked out Velar in the showroom. Up close, it looked stunning, but from far away you couldn't even tell that it's a Range Rover Velar. It's as basic as black gets. You couldn't see the beautiful details and lines that contrast with the car at all. At the end of my dealership tour, I was left pretty disappointed and confused about what color options I have left. Then as I was walking out, I saw a guy drove a Velar off the lot in Fuji white with black roof, blacked out grill, and glossy black wheels and it was the sharpest and most stunning Velar I've seen. I was immediately sold on that combo. So I had to put in a custom order as they don't have a single one on the lot with that combo at all to my suprise. There were a bunch of corris greys and variations of whites with ugly rims, but not that particular combo.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I too had this dilemma. Loved the look of the silicon Silver under the bright lights of the showroom but in normal light wasn't really sure and for £1400 extra I had to be. Would have loved a brighter blue like the svr colour but I guess there saving it for the svr. I've never had so much difficulty picking a colour before, they seem to be just variations of grey. I ended up ordering same as above, fuji white contrast roof, gloss black wheels. And by dropping silicon silver I got a panoramic roof. 😀

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ok, call me biased but couldn't disagree more with this post.

I just went to check out the black rims on a Velar at the local dealership, and it happened to be a silicon silver Velar. Attached is a photo forgive the background. I think this car is BEAUTIFUL and super cool. Looks good in the photo, and more amazing in person. I think it's good there are so many different configurations of the car ie body color, roof black or not, rims etc to offer a whole lot of different looks.

I got a Byron Blue myself with the black rims, but again I can't deny that the silicon silver looks super awesome in my opinion too.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
roverforlife said:
Ok, call me biased but couldn't disagree more with this post.

I just went to check out the black rims on a Velar at the local dealership, and it happened to be a silicon silver Velar. Attached is a photo forgive the background. I think this car is BEAUTIFUL and super cool. Looks good in the photo, and more amazing in person. I think it's good there are so many different configurations of the car ie body color, roof black or not, rims etc to offer a whole lot of different looks.

I got a Byron Blue myself with the black rims, but again I can't deny that the silicon silver looks super awesome in my opinion too.

Silicon Silver Velar Black Rims.jpg
Had this debate over colour choices previously and arranged to view both Corris Grey and Silicon in multiple garages. I have to say the Silicon Silver has something special about it and looks a different shade every time you see it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
The white/black combo is awesome and probably my favorite. The metallic silvery white (can't remember the name) with black roof and details is awesome as well. The only reason I didn't choose white is because my last two cars have been white and I needed a change. I think the black looks very stealth on the Velar...goes well with the styling. Mine has the gray/copper trim and gray wheels vs the blackout out look though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys
I guess it's subjective to the individual taste, but in my opinion Silicon Silver is a great color.
I would go as far as to say that it is best color in the velar range that I have seen so far.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I appreciate that I'm biased but I am really happy with my Silicon Silver R-Dynamic Velar as I feel it really complements the "copper" coloured flutes. Also as I said in another post, I was fortunate to be invited to a Velar event at Solihull last March, where on discussing the "limited" colour choice available with one of the design team he said that Silicon Silver was the colour for the Velar and that was why it featured so strongly in the brochure. Make of that what you like

·
Registered
69 Posts
Long lead times for advertising ,promotion, etc. Almost all brochures and adverts feature the top of the range per model, with the small print underneath stating it's well above the "Starts from" price. So you have the first cars being available for marketing and road testing (Norway) all FE D300 or P380 Corris Grey, not reflective enough for photo shoots, Flux , way to expensive for journalists to damage, or Silicon Silver. IMHO there are no good or bad colours, just personal preference. Except for the black sport hybrid I had , which just looked at a hedge and couldn't help but scratch itself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think the silicon silver only looks good with the 22' spokes with diamond turned finished. It doesn't look right with the other rims imo, especially the grey satin finished.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Obviously, color is subjective. Yes, Silicon Silver was different from my expectation as well as that of the OP. A darker shade than photos suggest. An overcast day and it seemed to pick up a green tinge, which I attribute to the overhanging trees in the area. I may go with Indus Silver or Corris Grey. Except for black, other colors that I saw reflect the lines and contours of the Velar quite well. In my area, black and white vehicles, especially those very many with black wheels are common, so as dramatic as both colors may be, it is for that reason I will not choose them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.