Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
R-Dynamic SL P400e 22' Plate
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my jag f-pace my sat nav was amazing and used to show traffic issues in red / yellow depending on how bad the traffic was.

My velar doesn’t show this as I found out today….
Is this because there is no SIM card in the car?

If I was to get a SIM card would this solve this issue as I really miss it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
My ‘69 plate has a supplied SIM card in the glove box slot and does show the traffic, but only if you’ve switched the “show traffic” option on the map (I only did this once). I’m not sure if a ‘22 has a slot. Ask your supplying dealer for a SIM.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply. I’ve fiddled around with the touch screen and activated mobile data which connected to o2 (I’m with Vodafone) so I wonder if that’s supplied with the car and there is a hidden sim somewhere. There is definitely not any SIM card slots anywhere that I can find.

Will see if this now updates the traffic for me - there isn’t an option to select show traffic anywhere on the navigation settings

·
Registered
128 Posts
The MY21 onwards have 2 built in sim cards that you are unable to access or change.
As the previous message states you have to swith on the display traffic option in the SAT NAV settings to enable the traffic display.
I have it switched on and does show the routes/streets in red that have traffic congestion.

·
Registered
128 Posts
With a new car the initial subscription is included I think for 3 years, si thus should be included, the tracker subscription is only for 1 year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for your replies. Yes I’m pleased to say now that I am connected to the mobile data my maps update with any traffic issues and roadWorks. X

·
Registered
386 Posts
With a new car the initial subscription is included I think for 3 years, si thus should be included, the tracker subscription is only for 1 year.
As you say, it is for 3 years. The Remote Apps confirms the subscription periods for all the services. The exception is the Online Data Plan which doesn’t, as yet, have a subscription period !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts