Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have their SIM just stop working randomly? I've tried full reboot sequence for TPD (shut car off, get out, lock, wait, restart) along with toggling on/off "Mobile Data" in Connectivity settings a few times, ejecting SIM and putting back in, nothing works... and it shows the following icon where reception is usually shown, and states "Reading SIM" in the settings:

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
I never had this issue on my Velar but it's prevalent on my Evoque! The Mobile Data just decides to turn itself off you need to manually go in to settings and turn it back on again. Dealer has no idea how to resolve this!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VelarMan said:
I never had this issue on my Velar but it's prevalent on my Evoque! The Mobile Data just decides to turn itself off you need to manually go in to settings and turn it back on again. Dealer has no idea how to resolve this!
Do you mean toggling in/off? That didn't work for me unfortunately.. any other settings I may be missing? This is so frustrating.

FWIW, somehow I just tried remote climate and it WORKED.... going down to car in about 15 mins and will see if it just started working overnight somehow. I assume if Remote climate works, there's Connectivity, so would be very strange if SIM still shows it's not on. Will report back.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting. I had toggled it on/off yesterday, which didn't fix it, then parked in a garage for the day, and still wasn't working about 6 hours later. Then this morning remote start worked before I did anything else, and I confirmed the data signal is back up and running after getting in.

So strange!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes - happens intermittently in my P380 HSE. Tried taking out the card and toggling on/off on the screen, but still intermittent failure. Also noticed that Google Maps doesn't download properly in the GPS - lots of big blurred out space. is this a 3g vs 4g issue? (in the US so using factory supplied ATT 3g card)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Do you have anything else plugged in to one of the USB ports? If so might be worth removing them and trying again as the sim card reader and USB ports share the same hub and don't seem to like each other.

·
Registered
295 Posts
my sim works fine unless when I am at very low level underground parked . sometimes I have to go into settiung to turn off and on again so to force the Velar to search for network . but usually no pb with the sim. never stops working when outside at range

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had the same issue. I went to the service and the will replace the SIM card reader but it takes some time to deliver the parts. Will let you know once it's replaced.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The SIM card could be getting too hot. When I reported USB pen stick getting very hot and failing due to operating outside designed parameters I was told all USB ports get very hot. Total BS. I have never had a USB port on any device get so hot you cannot handle the device on removal. Just another JLRbsisim.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Regarding the sim, it happened to me twice in the beginning and just had to perform a on/off on sim preferences.

Haven't experienced any more problem on this side so far

·
Registered
28 Posts
We faced same problem ... and still face it randomly with our new Rage Sport II equipped with same electronic software. Even worse, our Range can't connect to the internet because of a DNS problem. To use our phones with Wifi, I had to change manually the DNS for the google public one. This is a real IT bug !

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi guys as mentioned a few weeks ago my JLR service identified the issue as broken card reader. The part has been replaced today and everything works again. There was quite a delay as the part was not in stock, so I had to wait for the production approx. 6 weeks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Guys,

JLR replaced my SIM card reader and now my car see the SIM card again. But now I have another issues:
1. Car does not remember the PIN code from my SIM. The issue would not be so irritating if my car would ask for the PIN each time I start the car. But right now I start my car and there's no internet and the request for PIN code appears after some time, cannot even specify a rule when it happens. Does anyone has the same issue?
2. My inControl Apps don't work at all right now. I cannot use the Remote to check if the doors are closed and alarm is activated, I cannot use the route planner. It's very frustrating

Can anyone advise?
Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.