Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Velar D300 HSE White 2017
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help? I took delivery of my Velar on Thursday and spent the past two days getting more and more frustrated. I will say up front this is most likely down to me not the system. My frustrations arise from the following areas.
1. I formated a USB stick with the intention of downloading on to the hard drive my music collection. I formated the USB to XFAT and and after much frustration discovered the Velar doesn't like M4A iphone extensions so found a few MP3 and loaded them onto the USB but there is no way the Velar will recognise the tracks. What am I doing wrong?
I can't find any option to check up on the software versions that are loaded. Is this because the previous owner still hasn't logged out and the incontrol still has their details logged as the owner?
I can't get the Apple carplay to register with a cable yet I can see the option greyed out in the extra features - is this also linked to me not being recognised as the owner.
I can't get my local dealer to help as the log book has not returned from DVLA so I only have the new owners green slip.
If I play music on my iphone while in the car all the sound and display is shown on the top screen but I can only control it from my phone. Very odd
Any help would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Firstly the Velar will only accept Fat 32 and not eXFat. You will need a few software program to format the USB if it is a large one as windows/Mac can only do upto 32Gb. I have a 128Gb and it works fine.

I would try a hard reset (hold down volume button for 30s plus) to see if that clears issues.

Dont see any reason why dealer cannot help with inControl registration. Why didn’t you do transfer online - no need for slips and ownership on V5 is instant?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your prompt reply
I'll try reformatting fat32 and also do a hard reset
I didn't get the chance to complete the transfer online and was presented with the green slip and suspect the dealer is being difficult as I didn't buy from them
I created an account with incontrol but can't get any further as I can't register the car until the previous owner deregistered
I'll let you know how I get on

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've managed to format to FAT32 and now have to convert my music from M4A to MP3 so progress
I am trying to discover which sortware version I have as when reading various posts on here it seems its important (and necessary if I want to use Apple carplay) This gives me another problem. - By following the instructions for locating software versions and updating it says go into All Settings, scroll down to "Software Update". My problem is there are no options below connectivity. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or is my software version too early and can only be carried out by the dealer? Sorry to be a pain and I fully accept I'm probably at fault (read thick)

·
Registered
408 Posts
What year is your car. There are two systems - in cars pre 2021 (I think) it is Touch Pro and later 2021 cars it’s Pivi Pro. The software is very different and so the location of things like the software versions will be in different screens.

Reactions: Vennwood

·
Registered
408 Posts
I’ve just noticed your other post regards SIM card size and format which means you definitely don’t have Pivi Pro as it has 2 sims hard installed. Try and download an iGuide for the model year of your car and hopefully that will help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What year is your car. There are two systems - in cars pre 2021 (I think) it is Touch Pro and later 2021 cars it’s Pivi Pro. The software is very different and so the location of things like the software versions will be in different screens.
Hi My car is a 2017 model so Touch Pro I guess. The manual for this year shows that to see the software update message I should go into all settings/scroll down past connectivity to the next option. I do have space for an option but it is blank. I think it could be linked to the fact that the previous owner (according to the manual) may have set a pin code and this prevents other users from updating the software. At least I hope this is the case. I now have to wait for the previous owner to de-register or wait until the log book arrives in my name before LR will de-register for me.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hopefully you will get it sorted soon. Must be frustrating! V5 should arrive soon. Mine was leads than 10 days

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well like British Rail I'm getting there albeit slowly. Thankfully Land Rover Customer Services came to the rescue and de-registered the previous owner and I was able to create my account however the saga doesn't end there.
I am still unable to see the software update option. In my all settings I have several options the last one in the line is Connectivity. Below that (where I would expect to see the software option) - it is blank - LR say it should be there - has anyone else had this problem? Until I sort this out I have no idea on how up to date the vehicle software version or navigations maps are.

I still have both the Andriod and Apple carplay options but can't seem to connect my apple phone. (they appear greyed out) I have purchased a cable and plugged it into the USB connector and my iphone. The system says connecting to iphone then says "failed to connect please disconnect the cable or restart the phone. I have done this several times but get the same response. My phone connects happily through Bluetooth for phone calls but I hoped to have the apple features such as whatsapp and text messages.and maybe even use Apple maps for journeys etc.
I've sorted out the USB stick thanks to JDPRRUK and converted all my M4A tracks to MP3 and downloaded them to the Velar hard drive. I've tried the hard reset but that doesn't seem to work. I held the button down for over a minute but nothing happened. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having issues.
I sometimes have to start my 2018 vehicle first - then plug my phone in before it connects! Sorry if you have already tried this method but Just thought I would mention it.
Best of luck

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to hear you are having issues.
I sometimes have to start my 2018 vehicle first - then plug my phone in before it connects! Sorry if you have already tried this method but Just thought I would mention it.
Best of luck
Thanks for the tip Tinkerbell - I'll give it a try. Ironically LR Customer Services said today that the Velar was never meant to be compatible with iPhone - an odd remark I thought given that the options appear on the top screen.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My troubles just seem to get worse. My indicators work but are silent. My reversing camera(s) now say "camera option not available" I've got flashing red lights telling me to go to a service dealer. I've even got a slow puncture in my offside rear tyre. And I still can't find out what level my software version is. I've had the car 3 weeks and its been off the road over two of the three. It goes into the dealer on Wednesday and it can't come quick enough. I've tried the infotainment reset (30+ secs while holding the volume button down) and even that doesn't work

·
Registered
276 Posts
That's awful. Especially after waiting so long for delivery.
My new Defender also had the silent indicators intermittently but was restored at next engine start (or knob reset). I also had display and camera troubles intermittently (also restored by restart/reset). Never got fixed by OTA or Dealer software so-called fixes.

As the electrical system and software are (in theory) identical I've never understood why all users don't seem to get the same problems (?).

I even got to the state of having sympathy with the Dealership. I was told that "99%" of customer complaints involved software problems and faults.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts