Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recieved the notification of the software update 3.0r
Said it would take about 35 mins to install so will check in about an hour and see how the new what new changes there are and how the wireless Andriod auto is going to work.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick test after 3.0 update.
The hands free Android Auto connected straight away, didn't have to delete and re-pair the phone, all worked seamlessly as it was. Havent tried any of the voice settings yet but will try that next time out in the car. But all good so far 馃憤

Registered
The hands free Android Auto connected straight away, didn't have to delete and re-pair the phone, all worked seamlessly as it was. Havent tried any of the voice settings yet but will try that next time out in the car. But all good so far 馃憤
Great news. The JLR video about OS3.0 and wireless CarPlay/Android Auto is worth a watch

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Noticed the bottom screen layout has also changed, the hold and auto start buttons are now on the right hand side.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes got the notification when I stopped the car yesterday.
Have also had another update on the live APPS, once this was done I had to delete the phone and then reconnect it again and set up the wireless connections settings as per the support video. But my guess is we will now start to recieve a bunch of smaller updates to take advantage of the new software 3.0

Registered
Yes got the notification when I stopped the car yesterday.
Have also had another update on the live APPS, once this was done I had to delete the phone and then reconnect it again and set up the wireless connections settings as per the support video. But my guess is we will now start to recieve a bunch of smaller updates to take advantage of the new software 3.0
ABZBOB - could you post a link to the support video please

Registered
D300 MHEV MY21 Velar edition (SE+)
Mine is updating to OS3.0 right now, together with a Live Apps update.
Mine too this afternoon.

I follow the video tutorial and I disconnected and reconnected the phone anyway.
But also on mine Velar seems to be unecessary.

Noticed the bottom screen layout has also changed, the hold and auto start buttons are now on the right hand side.
View attachment 5140
I noticed it too. I thought It was to standardize LHD and RHD but they did on both:
I started like you are now in the picture and now I have the height on the right and start and stop on the left.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine too this afternoon.

I follow the video tutorial and I disconnected and reconnected the phone anyway.
But also on mine Velar seems to be unecessary.

I noticed it too. I thought It was to standardize LHD and RHD but they did on both:
I started like you are now in the picture and now I have the height on the right and start and stop on the left.
It makes more sense to me now so the hold is now closer to the driver and easier to activate without reaching a cross.

Registered
All installed easily first time. Apple CarPlay working wirelessly and can confirm that Lower Screen side icons (Suspension Height, ATPC, Auto Stop/Start etc) have swapped sides. All Live Apps have also been updated.
All working perfectly so far!

Registered
I picked up my new MY21 a couple of weeks ago. What's the criteria for receiving the update? Can it be forced, or do I need to just patiently wait my turn?
Not sure, but I think the roll out is selected on VIN so may just have to wait.

Reactions: MJQX

Registered
JD - see my much earlier post of a JLR鈥檚 software guy鈥榮 post on another forum re how the OTA updates are dealt with and tips on ensuring you get them as soon as you can. You鈥檒l see this also confirms that they are released in batches according to VIN鈥檚. My car received the update yesterday - it was a May 21 build.

Reactions: JDPRRUK
1 - 20 of 22 Posts