Range Rover Velar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
I‘ve never received any OTA map updates - perhaps because I don’t wait long enough - to know wether they come down during use. I think the whole idea of the 2 onboard sims is that one downloads updates whilst the other is available for the systems.

In my case I think the issue is that as the maps updates are so large - 20gb+ and I don’t drive long enough for them to download - hence using the JLR manual download site. In my previous BMW and Merc’s the updates were incremental so nowhere near as big plus you could suspend the download and install by locking the car and they would pick up where they left off next time you drove. My dealer says JLR’s should do this but my car doesn’t - when I break the update by locking the car, the next time I get in it says something like “map update failed - reinsert USB“ - most annoying.

Good luck getting version 3 - it really is a big improvement - the issue with EV seems to have worked its way out now as well !

·
Registered
106 Posts
How do you get to this screen @Bathonian? I just have the software updates screen that shows nothing at the moment.
@MJQX - the sequence is settings (all) live apps, software update - you will probably then get a screen saying everything is up to date, click system configuration at the bottom and then you get the version numbers. Hopefully you get there but shout if not and I’ll take some screenshots for you.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ahhh! Car is 3 weeks old. And I’m stuck on 1.9.7, I’ve even left it off charge overnight - I guess I just wait, got a lot of driving ahead over the next 10 days so that will hopefully give it a chance.
Bathonian,
This is not your Operating System version - that is part of Live Apps. To find your OS version look at Software Update at the bottom of the main settings menu. It will either show “up to date” with no version number (very likely on a new car that hasn’t updated since delivery), or if an update has happened in the background, the current version number probably starting with a 2.
Once it automatically updates to at least 2.1.6 it will then be ready to download OS3. It will tell you when it has downloaded it and give you options for when it’s convenient for you to install it. The car must be locked and cannot be used while that update takes place, and takes about 35 minutes.

·
Registered
D300 MHEV MY21 Velar edition (SE+)
13 Posts
No, it's not.
The operating system information it's not in a submenu.
It's the last option in the main setting menù.

Should look like Dodsley101 posted:
Product Font Material property Office equipment Handwriting

But maybe you didn't receive one yet, so your screen may be blank under "Last installed software update:"

Reactions: Dodsley101

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well, this is the screen I got to by following that route, what is “software update” 1.9.7 if it’s not the main software system?
That is the Live Apps system, not the main PiviPro system!

·
Registered
MY21 R-Dynamic SE Edition (Nov 2021)
42 Posts
For those of you who have a fairly new Velar - mine is about 4 weeks old and didn’t display what software I was on. It was just blank. Just checked this morning and it’s updated itself on the 2nd December to 2.1.6. I had no prompts for updates. So maybe the 3.0 update might not ask us. View attachment 5156
Updated today to 2.1.6b after the morning commute. This time it came up as an actual request. To either update or schedule.
So it’s good to know it’s actually updating and working but still no OS3 for me just yet. Let’s hope it’s not followed by c,d,e…x,y,z!

·
Registered
201 Posts
My new Velar is due anytime but just been told that my good lady’s Evoque has arrived and ready for collection. I checked with dealer re software version and he confirmed new ones are coming with OS3 now and it is on the Evoque with wireless CarPlay. 😊

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nothing for me yet, I keep having to log into Incontrol in the car fairly regularly

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have had the previous to 3.0 downloaded for over a week. I have tried install now, tried scheduled install. Always follow the instructions to close windows and alarm car and it won't update.... any way to force?

·
Registered
276 Posts
GreyPaint - take a look at the info from a JLR software guy - it covers reasons why an OTA update may not install. Unlikely to be any of these but thought it may help.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks - actually found one back window was a smidgeon off being fully closed.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Collected a brand new my22 car on 15th Dec. Its on 1.9.17 any id
eas anyone

·
Registered
142 Posts
Collected a brand new my22 car on 15th Dec. Its on 1.9.17 any id
eas anyone
That's in sub menu, but mean menu just says software upto date it's not as no wireless android auto

·
Registered
142 Posts
To update who ever was saying pivi Pro version was only available in main settings under software update its not its also in a sub menu for those that see software upto date only. You can go into a sub menu and it will tell you all software version numbers. And to confirm its pivi Pro version I logged into my in control on my mac computer and in there under live applications it matches pivi Pro version. So I am not on ver 3. God knows why was it's a new car

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
The updates are being sent out in batches by VIN, but the conditions for a major update must be met as per the iGuide (Wi-Fi or good 4G, fully locked etc etc).

·
Registered
106 Posts
I’m the same (car picked up nov 11th)
My version no are slightly different to yours. And the dates are different to your
I have no worries about my 4g reception or wi fi availability.
Font Communication Device Audio equipment Auto part Personal luxury car

41 - 60 of 86 Posts