Range Rover Velar Forum banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I’m the same (car picked up nov 11th)
My version no are slightly different to yours. And the dates are different to your
I have no worries about my 4g reception or wi fi availability.
View attachment 5200
I was reading it can take weeks but eventually they update software

·
Registered
201 Posts
Pete / Bathonian, did you both get your OS3 and wireless CarPlay yet?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Took delivery of car in November and I’ve just had OS 2.1.6 installed automatically this morning which is the minimum requirement for 3.0. So should be here soon. It will come just takes time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Same here 2.1.6 last night updated (November delivery) happy now as at least I know it’s updating properly and can relax but there was some reports that 3.0 affected the battery range on p400e so skeptical about that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Same here 2.1.6 last night updated (November delivery) happy now as at least I know it’s updating properly and can relax but there was some reports that 3.0 affected the battery range on p400e so skeptical about that.
Hi Bathonian
Not true, OS3.0 has no affect on battery range. However after install you will find that the car will run on the engine more for a bit longer than usual until it relearns your driving habits. Mine took a couple of days then was all good.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Bathonian
Not true, OS3.0 has no affect on battery range. However after install you will find that the car will run on the engine more for a bit longer than usual until it relearns your driving habits. Mine took a couple of days then was all good.
Totem, good to know, after a full charge did you start with 30-31 mile range ?

·
Registered
276 Posts
After 3.0 installed my range on start up dropped to only 24 or 25. It may be the weather but it does seem more drastic than that.i Itmay be that it’s learning but ut has been many weeks and my achieved Range is 24 - 25 generally.

I mentioned it may be version 3 as on another post someone with a P400e with 3 got a message there was an ‘update’ back to 2.1.6 !

·
Registered
58 Posts
Totem, good to know, after a full charge did you start with 30-31 mile range ?
Yes, full charge back to 30miles but if you are only charging say from 75% back to 100% you dont get a range indication of over 26miles. However i find the car will do 30 miles. I only get an indication of 30 miles plus if charging from a very low charge.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ok cool, thanks for letting me
know. soon as it appears I’ll install it then. Hopefully not too long.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Totem - unfortunately that’s not the case on my car. I am generally charging from depleted and app / car saying 26 miles at start and then ‘journeys’ recoding about 23 or 24.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Totem - unfortunately that’s not the case on my car. I am generally charging from depleted and app / car saying 26 miles at start and then ‘journeys’ recoding about 23 or 24.
So after receiving 2.1.6 on 6th January, just jumped out of car I was prompted for a new software install. Great stuff......2.1.6b :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Looks like OS3.0 is coming soon😀

·
Registered
106 Posts
Me too, first time I’ve been asked to schedule it whilst I was driving, that interface works well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My car downloaded OS 3.0 yesterday. First attempt at installation failed due to the hybrid battery being at 3% charge. Installation was successful after I had charged it. Turns out installation will only proceed if the battery is >25%.
All seems to be working well now with wireless Android Auto.
There was no change to the layout of the bottom screen as reported by other forum members.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Product Font Gadget Communication Device Output device

So are they admitting this update affects battery life, what does short term mean?

·
Registered
201 Posts
View attachment 5235
So are they admitting this update affects battery life, what does short term mean?
I got 2.1.6 b today also. As far as I am aware from other forums, the only affect on EV use is that it has to re ‘learn’ your EV driving habits. After a while it returned to normal on our P300e Evoque after OS3

61 - 80 of 86 Posts