Range Rover Velar Forum banner
61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine went in for a few things including crackling speakers - 19A didn't fix the issue . I have some sympathy with the dealer because for 3 days after the car returned it was fine then suddenly back again . The mentioned to me about changing the Amp on its next visit . Mine has he 1600W system - just a shame I cant enjoy it every day without the dreaded cracking ( which is also heard when parking sensors are activated) .

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a March 2019 built RD HSE, 2 weeks in to ownership and i have crackling. Not contacted JLR yet.

I would hazard a guess that it may be interference from power sources or power cables run to close to speaker cables.

·
Registered
113 Posts
BootneckShuffle said:
I've spoken with JLR on several occasions now and they've assured me that it is 100% a software issue and they're working on a fix.
I would not believe everything they tell you ! They have been saying the same thing over and over again I'm on 3rd update !! It's definitely hardware linked issue to do with the amp as it plays on all sources.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If it was a design issue it would affect everyone I therefore suspect that it's a quality issue in that ceretain components or install techniques are defective. If it's software then it's athan I'd suggest maybe it's related to the individuals config......just thouggts

·
Registered
23 Posts
So i have the Crackling too. But what i definatly can say, If the Start Stop System makes a engine shutdown, afterwards the crackling fades out everytime. IT then nevercomes back during the whole trip. Crackling occours only after Start.
I cant Imagine that this ist a hardware issue. Seems like garbadge on the BUS which is eliminatet maybe during a reset bay Start Stop in some components. Baut not the amp which stays Alice during startStop

Jm2c

·
Registered
233 Posts
zmanrx350 said:
Yesterday I asked my LR service advisor if he fixed the audio crackling through the speakers. Much to my surprise, he said "Yes". I asked, "how do you know?" He said it was described as a fix in TSB # LTB01108NAS5 . Well, I can tell you it is NOT a fix. I drove later that evening and heard the speaker crackling while listening to various Satellite channels and FM radio station. I'll see what how he replies to this now and keep the this forum thread posted.
Today, unfortunately I was NOT able to reproduce the crackle with the Shop Foreman in the car. So, they will do nothing at this point to try and fix it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Annoyingly the crackle and pop is happening with more frequency, almost daily now. Used to happen a couple of times per month. Software update can't come soon enough!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Nick said:
I have experienced this fault from day one back in Oct 2018 - I think it is on every Velar the ones that say is ok believe it's happening you just not aware of it. I have 2 Velars same fault my brother bought a 19 plate - drove out of showroom same fault.

Getting so cheesed of with it they updated to the new 19A saying it a defo fix it made it worse. So drove it to dealers whilst it was happening the engineer came out taken a audio recording of the fault- shall now raise a warranty claim against JLR he thinks it's the Amp as it happens on all sources or may be a loose connection somewhere.
Hopefully they can finally fix. You pay £55k plus for a car you expect it to work !
Agreed!!!! So today the dealer has just rang me to say "Good News Mr Arshid - We have fixed the problem" - Yes SatPal you have said the same thing to me the last 4 times it has been in!!! :oops:

Yet to see if the problem has been resolved - will keep all updated

·
Registered
252 Posts
Please let us know if cure4d; assuming it's the same type of crackle reported on the Forum.
This is a show-stopper for me ordering.
Can you find out what they have (claimed) done. Thanks.
There's so much networky stuff in vehicles that much will be beyond most people (including me) and I've read about crackles in other car brands and just about anywhere we have digits flying around (PCs, sound systems etc.).
Did anyone ever contact Watchdog or Meridian?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Fenton said:
Please let us know if cure4d; assuming it's the same type of crackle reported on the Forum.
This is a show-stopper for me ordering.
Can you find out what they have (claimed) done. Thanks.
There's so much networky stuff in vehicles that much will be beyond most people (including me) and I've read about crackles in other car brands and just about anywhere we have digits flying around (PCs, sound systems etc.).
Did anyone ever contact Watchdog or Meridian?
Yes same issue. It was me that started this thread.

So far they have tried to resolve with software updates on the infotainment module thing. They have been adament that the software is causing the problem and its not a hardware problem.

I dont think any one has to be fair but I guess the motoring ombudsman and watchdog will be my next port of call because of the number of times it has been in. Just sick of it.

I do have a complaint ongoing with JLR aswell

·
Registered
233 Posts
Its nearing the end of July, anyone hear on the new "Major software release" so this audio issue can finally be solved?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just saw this thread. We've been experiencing the cracking noise in the speakers. It was bad enough where I had to drive the car in absolute silence. The car is brand new (under 1k). The dealership has been great in trying to help fix the issue. If it wasnt for their customer service, it would be an extremely terrible experience. First it was "oh its a software issue"....after 2 updates, the problem is still there. They went ahead and replaced the entire computer in recommendation of the land rover factory. They also said land rover knows about the issue and have a big update in Sept to fix the issue entirely. Day 2 and I havent experienced the issue coming back but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So over the last week or 2 I have noticed whenever music is playing through the speakers I get the odd crackling sound which is very annoying so I thought maybe it is radio interference however now that I have paid extra attention I get the crackling sound whenever the reversing camera is on and I am getting the same crackling noise coming through the speakers

any one else having the same issue?

Other issues:
Screens not turning on properly resulting in having to switch the car off and on again

Side skirts of the car - the plastic bits seem to be just coming away from the car - see the images

Contacting dealer today to raise with them - lets see what response I get
Hi we have the same issue. We have had a replacement vehicle on a 69 plate and still have the fault. We had a brand new 68 last September and had a year of in and out the garage and promised software update fixes but never cured it. We are now rejecting this one we have! If I were you I would do the same.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nick said:
I have experienced this fault from day one back in Oct 2018 - I think it is on every Velar the ones that say is ok believe it's happening you just not aware of it. I have 2 Velars same fault my brother bought a 19 plate - drove out of showroom same fault.

Getting so cheesed of with it they updated to the new 19A saying it a defo fix it made it worse. So drove it to dealers whilst it was happening the engineer came out taken a audio recording of the fault- shall now raise a warranty claim against JLR he thinks it's the Amp as it happens on all sources or may be a loose connection somewhere.
Hopefully they can finally fix. You pay £55k plus for a car you expect it to work !
Agreed!!!! So today the dealer has just rang me to say "Good News Mr Arshid - We have fixed the problem" - Yes SatPal you have said the same thing to me the last 4 times it has been in!!! :oops:

They don't know what the issue is! We are on our second velar. They had our first one in for a year in and out with updates saying it will definitely cure it! We now have a 69 plate with the same issue. So giving it back and looking elsewhere for a different car! I can't believe they are still selling them knowing there is a fault

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi All, I think this issue needs raising with BBC Watchdog what do you all think.It's not fair that they are selling these cars knowing there is a fault and cannot cure it. You pay a lot of money for these cars. The link is below

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

·
Registered
161 Posts
CroftsVelar said:
Nick said:

They don't know what the issue is! We are on our second velar. They had our first one in for a year in and out with updates saying it will definitely cure it! We now have a 69 plate with the same issue. So giving it back and looking elsewhere for a different car! I can't believe they are still selling them knowing there is a fault
G'day,
Sorry to hear your frustrations....can I ask did you have the sound issue from day 1 or did it just appear? - Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a software update about 2 months ago and then started to notice a crackling noise intermittently through the speakers. Raised it with the dealership and they said they were aware of issues, updated the software and this has solve the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, had my velar since November last year. I remember it cracking a little from day 1 but thought it was nothing as it was a new car.
It's been into the dealership 3 times now for 'updates', but seems to be getting worse if anything. I've thrown my toys out the pram now and speaking to landrover hq. Very good customer service but they need to fix the car. Pretty sure it's a hardware fault.
Also had an issue with the folding towbar which had to be replaced and also the black trim on the boot door has been replaced 3 times due to it dilapidating.
Not happy at all considering it's a £85k car!
Should of stuck with the German made cars.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts