Range Rover Velar Forum banner
81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Federico99 said:
Hi all, had my velar since November last year. I remember it cracking a little from day 1 but thought it was nothing as it was a new car.
It's been into the dealership 3 times now for 'updates', but seems to be getting worse if anything. I've thrown my toys out the pram now and speaking to landrover hq. Very good customer service but they need to fix the car. Pretty sure it's a hardware fault.
Also had an issue with the folding towbar which had to be replaced and also the black trim on the boot door has been replaced 3 times due to it dilapidating.
Not happy at all considering it's a £85k car!
Should of stuck with the German made cars.
Still getting the crackles with the 19B update?

·
Registered
62 Posts
milotx said:
Haybrd said:
I am still getting lots of crackle on 19b. Not as consistent as before; but when it happens it is worse than it was on 19a.
So glad that I rejected, I knew the software wasn't the issue. Unfortunately I've left the brand but everyone I speak to has had issues with their new Evoques, Velar or RRS. It's a pity as I really liked my Velar and would of gone for a RRS, but they're not worth the hassle or compromise.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
This is a pain as I was going to order in November. I was hoping 19B was the answer.
It's really confusing as I have two friends each with RRS less than 2 months old and they have no problems at all. (Software/firmware version unknown).
Punkatron1 - are all these issues regarding the infotainment/audio? Any ideas on their software versions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Haybrd said:
Federico99 said:
Hi all, had my velar since November last year. I remember it cracking a little from day 1 but thought it was nothing as it was a new car.
It's been into the dealership 3 times now for 'updates', but seems to be getting worse if anything. I've thrown my toys out the pram now and speaking to landrover hq. Very good customer service but they need to fix the car. Pretty sure it's a hardware fault.
Also had an issue with the folding towbar which had to be replaced and also the black trim on the boot door has been replaced 3 times due to it dilapidating.
Not happy at all considering it's a £85k car!
Should of stuck with the German made cars.
Yes well it was updated 2 weeks ago so presume it's the latest. Wonder what they will try next. Surely they've got to check all connections or take out while system and put back in ?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Still have speakers crackling with 19B update. Crackles with Apple Car Play reading back text messages, Satellite Radio, and backup rear sensors beeping. Awful software fix (not) JLR . :evil:

·
Registered
252 Posts
This is terrible. Is it hardware reaching it's data/speed limitations or the network type used?

Are anyone's crackles as bad as these? (Not JLR)

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Car+Speakers+Crackling&&view=detail&mid=8174C914419209DF21ED8174C914419209DF21ED&&FORM=VRDGAR

or

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=crackling+speakers+bmw+2018&view=detail&mid=72990ADA314DFDEEC66372990ADA314DFDEEC663&FORM=VIRE

·
Registered
110 Posts
Not as bad as that! Wow!

This is mine even after the 19b update.

<TWITTER id="1190195365527601152" url="https://twitter.com/robertmcginily/status/1190195365527601152?s=21">https://twitter.com/robertmcginily/status/1190195365527601152?s=21</TWITTER>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
558 Posts
:twisted:

·
Registered
558 Posts
roberoo said:
I have a sport now after giving up on the Velars issues.

Are the same issues not present on the sport? The new Evoque and D5 all suffered similar issues to my first Velar

·
Registered
2 Posts
Morning all,

I just bought a 2019 Velar R-Dynamic SE 2 days ago. I noticed driving to work today this crackling noise on all sources: radio, bluetooth etc.

I have a 5 day/250mile money back guarantee. This is a deal breaker for me if there isn't a fix.

The dealer said they've heard a lot about this and the new software update will fix this? Does the software work for some? Not for others? Or nothing works?

Thank you
Jeff

·
Registered
537 Posts
JeffnFL said:
Morning all,

I just bought a 2019 Velar R-Dynamic SE 2 days ago. I noticed driving to work today this crackling noise on all sources: radio, bluetooth etc.

I have a 5 day/250mile money back guarantee. This is a deal breaker for me if there isn't a fix.

The dealer said they've heard a lot about this and the new software update will fix this? Does the software work for some? Not for others? Or nothing works?

Thank you
Jeff
The 19B update is said to fix the issue but some on here have said they still have it. What version are you on? Will it let you update over the air?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just took it to the dealer to get 19B. they said that fixes most of the issues and then they have a separate update if that doesn't work. He showed me some official land rover release about it.

I will at least give them a shot to fix it.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Good luck! Touch wood I've been fortunate and not had the crackling. I love my Velar so hope you'll be happy with yours.

·
Registered
110 Posts
So I've raised a case with Land Rover and basically said I'm rejecting unless they give me good reason to hold out until the next software 19c (which is specific to the crackle issue) so they are giving me £1000 to hold out 4-6 weeks for 19c

If it doesn't fix it, then I'm free to reject with no mileage penalty.

I've already rejected a velar for this issue and now on a sport. ( I know this forum is velar specific but wanted to let you guys know to open a case with Land Rover customer support and maybe you can get a good Will gesture too)

81 - 100 of 104 Posts