Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks as if the steering wheel on UK Velars is set up for LHD? The volume control on RHD cars on the wheel is on the left, right? (Or can it be switched from the left to the right hand side of the wheel? )
Think about it. You are driving along in your UK Velar and fiddling with the lower screen controls with your left hand. Granted there is a volume control on the central stack but, if you are occupied with some other function and you need to turn down the music volume during this, you can't then turn down the volume with your right hand on the wheel (because the volume control is on the LEFT hand side of the wheel)!
My current Audi, my previous BMW, etc etc all have their wheel mounted volume controls for RHD cars mounted on the RIGHT hand side of the steering wheel. Those manufacturers have taken the trouble to create separate LHD/RHD steering wheels.
In the UK on Velar, is this a design error or a cost saving ?
Bloody annoying Land Rover! Ugh!

P.S Or am I missing something? Please advise.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, its bloody annoying for me! Haha! Plus, its a JLR cheapskate error not to have steering wheels constructed like any other manufacturer does for both LHD and RHD markets.
Im still interested to hear other's views about this?

·
Registered
534 Posts
You sound like you do to much with your hands while driving lol. Your left hand is occupied playing with touch screens and settings while driving THAT often that this is an inconvenience?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
100% yes! Think about it.....why on earth would all other premium manufacturers build a RHD and a LHD wheel if it wasnt called for? No, its a cheapskate JLR cost saving OR ...worse, a mistake??

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The point is, having volume controls available to BOTH hands is better than having two positions available only to one! There is no argument about it. VW, Hyundai, Vauxhall, Merc, BMW, Audi etc etc etc ........Jeep for Pete's Sake!

Cant wait for my FE next week , £83,500 for a car with two left handed volume controls! haha!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm not saying you are wrong Lancer, that's a pretty good argument, but I'm sure my Macan has left handed volume control on the wheel. Must say it's something that has never crossed my mind that it might be on the wrong side.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha..no RHD drive wheel either on the Macan then. More cost savings on non premium models then.
Wonder if the full fat Range Rover has left and right controls. Ill check in the week.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.