Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Seems like a lot of new members joining up which is fantastic however I am finding it hard to make sense of some threads (e.g the one about Summer tyres or tires :D ) as many users locations are not listed. Could not for the world of me think why anyone in the UK would want summer tyres on their Velar but then realised that many of these members were US based :lol:

Suggest we all add a location to our profile - I just did mine :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
VelarMan - Why wouldn't you want summer tires on your Velar in the UK? That is what I went for since I will be having a second set of rims with winter tires on for winter :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
534 Posts
Added mine! Hope you don't mind us US people joining your UK-based forum. I like it better than the larger ones. I'm originally from Boston, not Texas..so I'm somewhat acceptable. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mge.92 said:
VelarMan - Why wouldn't you want summer tires on your Velar in the UK? That is what I went for since I will be having a second set of rims with winter tires on for winter :lol:
Summer in the UK lasts all of a max of 45 days and even then you'll end up getting rain or temperatures like now of below 20's. All season tyres are perfect for the UK climate IMHO. Summer tyres are needless and if anything one is better of investing in a set of winter tyres from early Dec to late Feb.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KRG said:
Added mine! Hope you don't mind us US people joining your UK-based forum. I like it better than the larger ones. I'm originally from Boston, not Texas..so I'm somewhat acceptable. :lol:
Not at all KRG I value your input and its good to know how you guys are getting on with your Velars orders in the USA :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rob said:
Good idea, I've now included it on the registration page so all new members can fill it in.
Excellent thanks Rob...although I am on my iphone right now and the mobile version does not show location! Can anything be done about the mobile version?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
VelarMan said:
mge.92 said:
VelarMan - Why wouldn't you want summer tires on your Velar in the UK? That is what I went for since I will be having a second set of rims with winter tires on for winter :lol:
Summer in the UK lasts all of a max of 45 days and even then you'll end up getting rain or temperatures like now of below 20's. All season tyres are perfect for the UK climate IMHO. Summer tyres are needless and if anything one is better of investing in a set of winter tyres from early Dec to late Feb.
Appreciate the info. I am stuck with the summers as the order is locked in but I was going to replace them for winter anyway so was either going to get the Continental Extremecontact DWS or a dedicated set of winters.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Morocco
Hi every body
I would like to ask some questions if possible
I just acquired a velar 240 s.
for the navigation system, I have the cartography of Morocco
Unfortunately I do not have that of the Spain
if among you there is someone who can help me, I would be grateful
otherwise, i am looking for a solution to install incontrol apps or something similar
Thank you in advance,
Theartist
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top