Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Anyone else experienced this issue?

In start, sunroof blind starts opening automatically, as usual. I heard a strange crack which was later found to be caused by broken black plastic clip which attach the blind to the sliding rail mechanism on passengers side (left hand drive).
Blind is now rolled to back position fully open.
I have reset the system so that the mechanism does not open/close automatically.

Let´s see what JLR suggests as fix.
For some reason I have had a lot of issues with the JLR sunroofs.
Had my previous F-Pace waiting in garage twice getting it´s sunroof issues fixed for two months in total.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iqbal said:
The same thing happen to my 2018 Range Rover Velar. I have now booked this in with JLR. Should this be covered in the warranty?
If you have an active warranty then yes.

My warranty has already run out but I am expecting JLR Goodwill to cover this issue fully. I asked authorised service to come back to me with a JLR decision before the car comes in next month to yearly service and this fix.

If not covered fully by part warranty (doubt that this 1€ piece of plastic has it) or JLR Goodwill, then here local consumer law kicks in. It states that system should tolerate documented & expected usage (open-close procedure in this case) for the cars lifecycle, if not then it is either a material defect or design flaw and manufacturer is responsible to fix this unless they can prove it otherwise. In worst case I must coin in part of the cost adjusted with "used time" multiplier: current 65000km divided with expected lifecycle km.

·
Registered
1 Posts
anyone got access to the makers technical info , for the sunroof blind mechanism , I just had a black piece of plastic land on the passenger seat? the blind is now misaligned and wrinkled and a thin stainless wire is visible (slack) 2018 D180 SE R-Tech

1 - 4 of 4 Posts