Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I believe the small comments are based on the plan view. Where software merges all four camera views into a single picture around a virtual car. This is small (same on evoque).

However, the rest of the camera views in my view are essential, as you would get t junction view, and kerb view etc. These are all really good and def aid in parking etc

·
Registered
727 Posts
It was me who said it was rubbish and I stand by it :)

I would not spec it again. I had surround view on my 2010 BMW X5 40d and it was fantastic - nice big picture of the whole car with a birds eye view. The Range Rover system is very fiddly. You need to press multiple buttons to get to where you want to be with a camera image whether it is front, rear or any of the sides of the car. It also has a mind of it's own and keeps reverting to the rear camera itself (at least on my Velar!). The birds eye view is small and you need to zoom in to it for it to be of any use but when you zoom in to it it's not really a birds eye view anymore just either the front of the car or the back.

All in all - it is a system that is not as good as the other manufacturers but it's available. I can do without it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts