Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've noticed a few times recently. I switch the gear controller to (P)ark and the whole car switches off and shutdown.
Anyone else noticed this before? Normally you have to push the Start/Stop button to turn everything off and shutdown the engine.

This isn't just going into auto start/stop as the TFT dial display shuts off like it would when I turn the engine off manually.

Anyone else?

Thanks

·
Registered
558 Posts
I think The evoque use to do this when the door was opened and stop start active, can't be 100% certain and the car had to go a couple of months back to make way for the new arrival in two weeks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I believe it's a safety feature so that you don't walk away from a car where the engine shut off (auto/stop/start) due to being stopped, then it won't start back up when you take your foot off the brake to get out of the car and walk away. Keeps the car from running all night in a garage or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.