Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The big day is tomorrow guys! What checks do I need to make before I accept the car at the dealership? I've heard so much about problems arising in regards to paintwork and the in car entertainment :(

Registered
Not had any paint issues myself.

However have had live Not Availble issue. I would just say stay at dealer and go from with them setting up nav account, have your Incontrol account set up and fully working. Then after car been started a while ( as takes a minute or two to allow live to kick in) even without a SIM card installed, you should be able to hit the live or web browser and it opens menu. If you get live or web browser Not Available work with dealer to make sure this works 馃榾

Registered
Watchout for swirls, all brands tend to pay very little attention to details when washing there new cars, which is why I always insist they do not wash my vehicles when in for any work. the gloss black plastic trims are a nightmare and will be scratched. I have a guy that I use who will do a full paint correction and ceramic coating, but this wont be until spring, so wasn't hugely fussed about the scratches on mine

live services do not work, this is a known problem and there is software update due for release that is an apparent fix. collected mine last Saturday and rebooked in for mid December for update and any other niggles I come across. I'm quite fussy and the sales guy knows me well (4th car from him) so he thought it best to pre book a couple of days workshop space after 6 weeks of ownership.

most important thing to remember is to enjoy.

if Youre thinking of using live services, take a sim with you. not the end of the worls if not as the dealer will set up on there wifi

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Milky400 said:
Watchout for swirls, all brands tend to pay very little attention to details when washing there new cars, which is why I always insist they do not wash my vehicles when in for any work. the gloss black plastic trims are a nightmare and will be scratched. I have a guy that I use who will do a full paint correction and ceramic coating, but this wont be until spring, so wasn't hugely fussed about the scratches on mine

live services do not work, this is a known problem and there is software update due for release that is an apparent fix. collected mine last Saturday and rebooked in for mid December for update and any other niggles I come across. I'm quite fussy and the sales guy knows me well (4th car from him) so he thought it best to pre book a couple of days workshop space after 6 weeks of ownership.

if Youre thinking of using live services, take a sim with you. not the end of the worls if not as the dealer will set up on there wifi
Live services don't work on all the velars? Or some of them?

Registered
22velar said:
Milky400 said:

Live services don't work on all the velars? Or some of them?
Some of them, my live services work.

Registered
A light hearted comment - my wife recently collected her new car and when looking round the car on collection a gentleman said every time you look closely at the car you will see another fault or minor damage - the best way to clean the car is without your glasses it makes the experience much less stressful - we'll l can't see the swirls any longer !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts