Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I have had a go, verdict, alright, but not amazing. It was a Velar SE 240D, I have an Rdynamic on order with a P250 engine, so not ideal. Whilst it was a Velar, it was specd up to an unbelievable £80K , so far from base. Engine was good, lots of torque and no slouch. The car was on air not springs and to me felt like a luxury Transit. I will quality that by saying I drive a Audi A 7 3.0 V6, so it was very different. I expected the feel to be more taught and car like, but it felt a bit like an RRS quick, but does not feel quick and is a bit overweight and not very engaging. After all it is an RR so I should not be surprised by this, but it is billed as a dynamic vehicle and it felt a but too limo. I then drove an Evoque with a similar petrol engine to my order and I felt more at home, the car was on springs so that probably helped. It might be a better drivers car on springs, if not I am prepared to sacrifice my place in the que and the very very nice tech for a Porsche Macan V 6, which is £7K cheaper. It was not a disappointment that would be too strong a word, but not what I was expecting, it could be that I'm not used to the SUV experience. If you are however, then it then it will be a nice refined well equipped car for you. If however you want to throw it about a bit from time to time then on air, you will be sea sick.

I was the first person to drive the demo and I asked if they had lots of people queuing to have a go and was told they had nobody else lined up. This was I feel due to the odd marketing strategy, as the press are being kept away and I guess all of you out there itching to drive one have not been told by dealers they are sitting there waiting you. I found out because they called to tell me I had to fix my spec tomorrow for estimated delivery on 29 September.. So I asked if I could drive one and this was arranged. Call your dealers they are all in showroom and registered as of today. Enjoy.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.