Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do have some software issues after 4 days of driving my FE 300D.
TFT partial malfunctions occur mainly when showing in the main TFT the navigation map. Sometimes it all the sudden disappears and it is impossible to get it back on the screen. At the same time then the HUB stops displaying the navigation instructions. Can only be solved by stopping the car. Locking it up and wait minimum a couple of minutes. Apparently the fault is then reset. Annoying and I hope a software update will solve that.
Had also a problem while making handsfree phone calls. The connecting stays on but the sound drops away and the Media of that moment switches on for about 4 to 5 seconds. Then all the sudden the voice of your correspondent comes back again.....
Hope JLR will be able to solves these kind of (software) issues quick.
Driving wise the car is very smooth and very pleasant . Now have about 660 km on the teller.
More experiences in the next days and weeks....

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had this map issue today. The map was nicely displaying in the center of the two dials and then flicker and gone...showing an image of the Velar in profile. Turned off and on a few times...waited 30 mins, still the same. Planning to park overnight and see if it resets itself tonight.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, mine reset after that first issue...then, the next day the two screens in the center started flickering blue/green when I started the car up. Then dead, black. 60 seconds later they both came alive again and started to reboot. All seemed fine, as I was driving away shortly after the map in the center TFT flickered and went black only to come back alive in 2-3 seconds with an image of the Velar. Ugh.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this problem on the day I bought the car. The TFT Screen in-between the dials started flickering. Also the sat nav crashed. I pulled over at the servies, went for a coffee and on my return all was ok. However it happened all over again after 30 miles. I booked the car into my local dealership. They had it for 2 weeks before telling me that the part had been superseded to another however they had no stock and couldn't give an eta, another week later and still the same story. I spoke to Landrover head office who could give any definitive answers. We then decided to hand the car back and got a full refund. (you do this within 30 days of delivery) and you are entitled to a full refund if there is a problem with the car. We are now looking for a new car with hopefully better customer service.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine is currently at the dealers with serveral software issues as previously posted about, they loaned me a HSE P380 which also has some of the issues, they car has been at the dealers over a week now i think this is a bigger issue that JLR are going to admit to.

·
Registered
20 Posts
just got me FE back after having been in service since sept. 5. they were waiting on a part-a new, apparently updated, infotainment master controller-for several weeks. mine finally came in and was installed yesterday. fingers crossed, and might be too early to say, but it's been a full day of driving and it appears to be fixed! my service manager did tell me that he was told there are currently 28 other velars awaiting this same part and are on back order.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts