Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hurray! Just had a call from my dealer - my 3.0d HSE Dynamic R order has been placed! The order systems opened this morning!

Slight issue: The Style 9007 diamond turned finished 22" wheel is not available from launch due to supplier issues! Due to this the launch edition cars may also be delayed!

The other issue they flagged was with the roof rails - cars ordered with these will be delayed. My car goes in to production early July and should be delivered by the end of July! I had to change my spec from diamond turned to silver painted (will have to have them resprayed in anthracite before delivery! as hate silver wheels) :cool:

Get on the phone if your dealer has not called you today! HTH

·
Registered
421 Posts
This is the response from my SA to the above:

" have no issues with the wheels highlighted but they are asking us to check with customers if they do want the roof rails. These cannot be dealer fitted at a later date. Black roof rails are the default option and many dealers have not confirmed if these are required. It looks like the manufacturer of the part is struggling to build enough units to supply the first few months of production."

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And this is what my DP sent me copied and pasted from the email they had this morning to open the order books and go live:

Important Information - Roof Rail Supply - Please see bulletin PA0263 on Retailer Portal issued by Colin Wells on 10/05/17. A copy of this bulletin is attached for your information. Orders submitted into build with Roof Rails are likely to incur build/handover timings later than expected.

· 031FS - 22" 9 Split-Spoke 'Style 9007' with Diamond Turned Finish (cost option on all derivatives except First Edition) - orders submitted with this feature will slot later in build (September onwards) due to a supply constraint.

· 031PA - 21" 10 Spoke 'Style 1033' with Satin Dark Grey Finish (cost option on all derivatives except R-Dynamic HSE where it is standard and not available on First Edition) - orders submitted with this feature will slot later in build (September onwards) due to a supply constraint.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thanks for the infor VelarMan!

·
Registered
421 Posts
VelarMan placed his order back in March when the car launched. He is one of the first allocations to be given a build schedule since he placed his order so early.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's right...order placed 2 March the day after the car was launched officially. The very first cars hit production in July. Email from Sollihull to the dealers confirmed this news today.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi VelarMan, was the confirmation of your approx beginning-of-July build date given to you today, since the order books opened? I haven't spoken to my dealer yet, but am assuming I'll be in he same boat as you, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
421 Posts
From my SA:
"The current information will be dependant on all the dealers double checking with their customers and finalising requirements but full supply of roof rails will be October build for November delivery onwards. With no roof rails there would be no delay and first cars would be for September delivery."

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I need the car not roof rails :lol:

Funny enough but I have now seen over 10 various models of the Velar on various events across the UK and I have not seen one with the roof rails - so obviously some issue there!

What about the 22" Style 9007 diamond turned wheel? I was told they only had enough of these for the launch edition cars and are unable to give these to normal orders for now.

·
Registered
421 Posts
The roof rails can NOT be retrofitted at a later date just btw for anyone thinking they can do it later on.

Same info as you VelarMan, they don't have enough wheels for the 22" style 9007 so anyone with those wheels are going to get a later slot in October and November.

·
Registered
421 Posts
All FE orders are going to be delayed because of this though. Shame for all the FE orders lol.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.