Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/300-horsepower-jaguar-four-cylinder-gets-rolled-out-on-xe-xf-and-f-pace-118885.html

"We continue to broaden the range of our Ingenium engine family, giving customers more choice than ever before. Our new 300PS petrol engine provides the performance synonymous with Jaguar while delivering enhanced fuel economy thanks to its state-of-the-art exhaust technology and pioneering valve train design. This clean and more efficient engine perfectly complements the advanced lightweight aluminium body structure of our XE, XF and F-PACE models," said Nick Rogers, Executive Director, Product Engineering.

If it is in the F-Pace, we can assume it is the missing engine coming to the Velar.

300 hp and 400 Nm (369 lb-ft)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that is going to suck but there is also the case for both engines on the market. Worse case just sell the car and get the new 300PS when it comes out since hopefully the Velar's value will stay strong for a while until the demand is satisfied.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Until they release the next D300 to hopefully compete with BMW's 400hp 800 ft Lb quad turbo monster :lol:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The new engine is already referenced in the manuals.

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
mge.92 said:
Until they release the next D300 to hopefully compete with BMW's 400hp 800 ft Lb quad turbo monster :lol:
I won't be surprised if that is the engine introduced with the new Range Rover Sport - they do need to do something to differentiate between the high spec Velars and the RRS!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
According to the Range Rover Topix site, they no longer off the TD6 for the RRS and only the V8 Petrol, hybrid 4 cylinder, high output 4 cylinder, and SC V6.

·
Registered
727 Posts
mge.92 said:
According to the Range Rover Topix site, they no longer off the TD6 for the RRS and only the V8 Petrol, hybrid 4 cylinder, high output 4 cylinder, and SC V6.
That has to either be incorrect (US website maybe?) or something is cooking in terms of a new engine for the MY18!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Most likely something is cooking since this is straight from Land Rover's Topix site

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am looking at the UK page. It is also for 2018 models. Here is a screen shot.

Attachments

·
Administrator
142 Posts
Officially confirmed for the Velar now:

Range Rover Velar now available with powerful new 300hp Ingenium petrol engine
The 300hp 2.0-litre four-cylinder Ingenium petrol engine, badged P300, produces 400Nm of torque and powers the Velar from 0-60mph in 5.7 seconds
Advanced engine deploys a twin scroll turbo with ceramic ball bearings to reduce friction and a high flow compressor wheel, which delivers 26 per cent more air for enhanced performance
Engine is produced at Jaguar Land Rover's £1 billion Engine Manufacturing Centre in Wolverhampton, UK

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Problem is at least on my build if I were to change from the D300 the price difference would be around 1000 pounds difference for P300 which in my opinion has less torque and the same amount of hp. Doesn't make sense. Also locked in so couldn't change it if I wanted to and never going back to a 4 cylinder again :lol:

·
Registered
534 Posts
I don't see it on the US website yet. My car is already built; so doesn't really matter anyway. This would've been the perfect choice for my use though.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.