Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
VelarMan said:
I hope this forum does not change from all of us excited punters to disgruntled customers in the next few months!!!
Nah, nothing is perfect even if the prices are insane. Small issues, some sheep plastics, some software issues (this time updates are OTA), some rubbers, not perfectly attached (Evoque had the exact same little things) ... and a great drive with stunning looks inside and out. I'm happy ... when I bought my Evoque, I had more problems with the build quality ... my issues all faded away with the km's on the ODO.

One thing, the V6 Petrol ... is thirsty beyond believe :) ... I need to fill her up again ... tomorrow :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hope its better than my Evoque, the boot hinges were not strong enough, so it kept moving down, and the parcel shelf then rubbed through the black plastics. The fix was to realign it and put black tape over the plastic! but it would slip down again with a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
In almost all of Europe, the 21 "wheels are fitted with the Michelin Latitude Tour HP, but they are the only tires that do not have a protective edge; if you look at these tires, you will notice that the wheels are not protected and that they are also aesthetically bad. The wheels protrude from the tires, I do not like the choice; I would have preferred Continental or better Pirelli.

·
Registered
126 Posts
basel said:
In almost all of Europe, the 21 "wheels are fitted with the Michelin Latitude Tour HP, but they are the only tires that do not have a protective edge; if you look at these tires, you will notice that the wheels are not protected and that they are also aesthetically bad. The wheels protrude from the tires, I do not like the choice; I would have preferred Continental or better Pirelli.
I better get alloy wheel insurance then!! Sounds like they may get damaged easily and assume the satin grey wheels are silver underneath the coating?!

·
Registered
126 Posts
basel said:
Just looked at my pics of the car in Norwich, UK. The 21" tires are Continental cross contact LX.

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just to mention that is the guide for the tires that will be on the wheels you have selected should be the tires in the table but you might receive another tire due to supply constraints.

·
Registered
1 Posts
dodge1201 said:
basel said:
dodge1201 said:
Just looked at my pics of the car in Norwich, UK. The 21" tires are Continental cross contact LX.
With the Michelin it is well known how the wheel protrudes very much from the tire

I see what you mean. Looks like the tyre doesn't fit!
Yep that looks odd. Doesn't look like it fits at all.

·
Registered
24 Posts
mge.92 said:
As well as tires there is the first quality issue for the Velar.

OEM TIRE.jpeg

Tire Info.jpeg

WINTER OEM.jpeg

UIssure.jpeg
the Goodyear eagle F1 A/T is listed as all season and online every search states they are summer tires. Any expert views? Would be good to push the dealer for a change of tires if the info online is accurate

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.