Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at replacing my current Porsche Cayenne (diesel "s" variant) Was dithering over a lot of options until I saw the Velar. I did not want the scale & bulk of a "full fat" RR and the RRS just has never caught my fancy (I don't like the interior or the size). So, net result - abandon diesel, head back to petrol and took the plunge: P380 in Corris, with Eclipse/Ebony extended leather, the same wheels as First Edition plus the sliding roof and privacy glass- then went insane on the rest of the options list (just about everything bar towing kit, black pack, laser LED lights upgrade or upgraded sound) ended at circa £85K - took an even deeper breath and have paid deposit with estimated delivery of end of September.

Hoping those 22" rims don't have the Jaguar problem that I have seen mentioned elsewhere! Performance of the P380 seems more than adequate (close to 0-60 time of the Cayenne) though a lot less torque (which is insanely high in the Cayenne). I had a very thorough poke around the RRV when it visited my local dealer and confirmed my order on the spot - so fingers crossed now that delivery does not get delayed (was never known for patience when new toys are involved!)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Nice one well done! Out of interest if you spec'd your car so highly and went with Corris how come you did not opt for the 1st Edition? At £83,500 you get all the must have options including more like HUD and Laser headlights!?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at the 1st Edition very closely - but one big "no" for me was the lack of options on seat colour. Had light coloured seats before and whilst look great I have been put off (dye transfer etc etc) When I priced out the two variants with optional bits such as load nets etc - my version came out a little cheaper (1st Edition £86.4K versus my build at £85.1K) (Got all the extras such as the HUD, climate pack, on/off road, TR2 etc). Only missing parts really were the upgraded sound and laser LED, and of course a First Edition badge :) Still, I have a little time before build goes "solid" in case my mind wanders again !

·
Registered
171 Posts
Very nice spec, let us all know what the car drives like when you get the car with the P380 engine as i am interested in this engine if i get a Velar and want to know how it handles on this car.

Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats on the lovely spec... and I can't believe you'll be getting it so soon! My car, deposited and ordered very early on, seems to have been forgotten about!

Velarman - I know what you mean about the blue.... it's my favourite, but the blue looked very shiney and knackered on the demo car. I'm currently swaying between the oyster or the blue.

Best wishes All.....

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thought the blue was cool but the shade of blue was weird and wouldn't match many of the exterior colors. Wish they did a red interior and had more paint choices like a dark blue. The Vintage tan looked really nice and was the only good looking combination unless you went for the blue and black or like the oyster and black or the fabrics. Only issue with the fabrics is that you cannot get the extended leather dash nor the heated steering wheel which was a shame.

Better chase up your dealership Ranger4, put the deposit down on April 21st and got locked in last week with delivery end of August.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think the blue interior suits Corris and would probably work well with Silver too, as an alternative to straight black. I also wish they did red/black, as that would definitely be my choice! I haven't ever seen Tan in the flesh, but it has always intrigued me.....

For me: deposit October, build end of September for a P380 HSE (no roof rails!) - not too impressed. So much for getting in early!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Maybe it was how the blue looked for me online. Seems like the roof rails are not delayed any more because I have them spec'ed on mine according to my dealer a lot of people dropped them so it reduced the backlog.

For me: D300 HSE Carpathian grey with vintage tan and ebony interior which should look awesome :lol:

·
Registered
421 Posts
All I can say is that I wear jeans all the time and I would be scared to wear them in a Velar with oyster/ ebony lol. I feel like the Vintage tan is a safer choice between the two but it's gotta look good in both since they built most of the Velar's thus far for the road shows in oyster/ebony, vintage tan/ebony or the fabric oyster. And if you look at all the accessories brochures, the vintage tan is used as the car to show off the accessories.

But than again to each his own :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Blam, my shiny comment was purely about the driver's seat having had a lot of use over the past few months. I think in general the rest of it looked really good. I saw it in a Corris Grey dynamic car with ebony headlining and it's become one of my choices.

Overall it's a contemporary/modern deep looking matte blue and is a very good alternative to having black. The colour feels elegant and goes particularly well with the black contrast leather, piano black console and the various bits of chrome trim around the car, including the median speaker covers.

Hope that helps a little

·
Registered
421 Posts
Land Rover dealerships already have the vintage tan sample since they use it in other vehicles. Just FYI it looks really good.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Here is a link to a video which shows the blue leather interior! :eek:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Tried adding the Youtube link to display within the site but it doesn't seem to work

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.