Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
I have recently purchased a velar and I want to take it off road. As far as I can see there is no recovery point where you can attach a tow hook or recovery strap in the front of the car.
Does anyone know if there is a way to attach a tow hook or recovery strap to the front of the car or the rear of the car

It seams a bit of an oversight if you design a "capable" off road SUV and it can't be pulled out of the mud if it gets stuck.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Its located under the front undershield.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply mge92 I hope your right. I'm going off what the salesmen told me at the dealership and they told me there is no tow / strapping point on the front of the car but I guess they are not mechanics.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Why didn't you look into the owners manual?

The front towing point is located behind a removable cover in the lower front bumper.

To remove the cover:

Rotate each of the fasteners 90 degrees counter-clockwise with a coin, or a similar object, to release the lower edge of the cover.

Pull the cover forward from the rear lower edge to release the lugs on the top edge of the cover.

To refit the cover:

Offer up the cover and make sure the lugs at the top edge engage with the holes in the body panel.

Rotate each of the fasteners 90 degrees clockwise to secure the cover in position.

Have fun! and post images

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wonder if anyone with a MY19 RR Velar has actually removed that front recovery tow point cover. I have watched numerous videos of people removing that cover from other than a MY19 Velar. My Velar is clean, like new, that front cover is retained by four plastic screws, not 90 degree screw tabs. After completely removing those four screws I have pulled that front cover forward with all my available strength, numerous times, but I cannot get it to release from it's front edge, in fact pulling forward on that cover appears to near break the front grill. I wonder if anyone with a MY19 Velar has actually removed that cover, if so I'd like to hear from them please. I have difficulty understanding what RR were thinking when they made access to that front recovery tow point so difficult.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you purchase the Land Rover tow strap you also have to purchase the 'D shackle' separately part number VPLYT0251 in order to attach a tow rope, it's about £20.

·
Registered
24 Posts
As written above in the manual extract.
I had to locate and remove mine....while the car was stuck in ice cold January flood water.
It was a huge pain in the backside but do'able.
Follow the edge of the trim underneath the car round with your fingers and you'll locate the large plastic screws once undo a good tug removes the cover.
Centrally located is the towing eye.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts