Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what level the optional tracker secure is ? Level 5 or 6 Thatcham? Anyone have experience with these trackers and can recommend one?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In some high risk areas like central london they help reduce the premium and may help get you covered especially if you are young

·
Registered
558 Posts
The Land Rover fitted tracker is Category 6 tracker.

Most insurance companies prefer the category 5 tracker which has additional features including police response via the monitored subscription service (c£19/month)

Fitting a tracker may not reduce your premiums at all.
It is often a prerequisite to getting insurance quotes at all from a number of known insurance companies. Though there are others who may not insist. All the companies I contacted required a tracker due to the high value of the car

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hello Forum Members,

My insurance provider told me that the Underwriters have asked for a Level 6 Tracker as a mandatory requirement.

Unable to add the Secure Tracker as an optional extra to the Configuration as I'm buying a Stock car from the dealer.

Managed to find really good deals and multiple options on Trackers at almost half the cost of Land Rover's price :)

Customer Service is great so far - they've found me a slot to install it at the dealership within a 3-4 day window!

I know many of you were in the same position as me, so let me know if anyone needs a Tracker and I'll put you in touch directly with George.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mr. Singh said:
Hello Forum Members,

My insurance provider told me that the Underwriters have asked for a Level 6 Tracker as a mandatory requirement.

Unable to add the Secure Tracker as an optional extra to the Configuration as I'm buying a Stock car from the dealer.

Managed to find really good deals and multiple options on Trackers at almost half the cost of Land Rover's price :)

Customer Service is great so far - they've found me a slot to install it at the dealership within a 3-4 day window!

I know many of you were in the same position as me, so let me know if anyone needs a Tracker and I'll put you in touch directly with George.

Thanks
Hi Singh, would love to know more about this as I saw two extra options while configuring Secure Tracker & Secure Tracker Pro not sure if I go with any of them! Thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
When I bought my Velar from new the dealer said they didn't recommend the factory fitted tracker. Instead they had an arrangement with a local installer who fitted a cat 5 Vodafone system prior to delivery. I think the cost was about the same as the factory option but for a much better system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts