Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
I assume it's in the settings menu as VelarMan said. Are they disabled by default? I don't see why we wouldn't get them as lots of other cars have them.

G

·
Yeah I have searched more than I care to admit. I also cant find any mention of it in either the UK or US manual.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Could be an option that can be coded on just have to figure out how to. Maybe check with your dealership. On BMWs you can adjust country specific settings.

·
Registered
421 Posts
If you want to turn off the seatbelt warning you have to click and unlock the seatbelt in consecutive motions quickly for 10 times supposedly

·
Registered
24 Posts
VelarMan said:
As he said ^^^

DId you get it to work?
Unfortunately we don't have that option in the menu screen here in the US -- apparently it is against government regulations? Gah.

Also, thanks for the seatbelt notification trick mge -- worked for me, that damn notification was driving me crazy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
wonzfy said:
VelarMan said:
As he said ^^^

DId you get it to work?
Unfortunately we don't have that option in the menu screen here in the US -- apparently it is against government regulations? Gah.

Also, thanks for the seatbelt notification trick mge -- worked for me, that damn notification was driving me crazy.
Spent 30 minutes online researching US regulations compared to UK.
Then decided to get a life. :shock:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Rrvel said:
wonzfy said:
VelarMan said:
As he said ^^^

DId you get it to work?

Spent 30 minutes online researching US regulations compared to UK.
Then decided to get a life. :shock:
Haha this was the article I discovered that explained it in detail:

http://jalopnik.com/we-can-t-get-these-cool-turn-signals-because-of-the-gov-1729310906

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have read in other make/model forums that devices exist that allow the consumer to plug into the automobile's central systems (something normally done by the dealer) and alter the settings that the user interface on the touch screens might not access. Is there any insight yet on whether the Velar has been "decoded" so that the consumer could plug in and alter these settings on their own, there by passing the ownership of the issue from JLR to the automobile owner? While JLR might not enable the capability for the US to allow the vehicle to be sold, I bet it exists somewhere in the programming. I can't find any prohibition on the use of these cool turn signals if enabled by the owner of the car.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The German models have the animated indicators. In my opinion they look ridiculous and will be the 1st thing for me to turn off. What is this, hello world look at me I got LED indicators? We drove a century without and managed to mostly survive. Here in Germany you can be thankful if anyone is using there indicators at all. A weird habit of laziness is spreading.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.