Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yeah put the deposit down 21/4 and got locked in 14/6 for a delivery at dealership 25/8.

Sounds like you may want to chase them up or go search for another dealership

·
Registered
421 Posts
I too will be on the new plates. Anyone near London wanting to do the first London Velar Cruise / Meet up?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Ill leave it to you then VelarMan. Ill need at least a week after I pick up the car to get it wrapped and such but should be good to go. Imagine if we can get a couple Velars ... We might be able to actually stop traffic lol

·
Registered
421 Posts
Ill leave it to you then VelarMan. Ill need at least a week after I pick up the car to get it wrapped and such but should be good to go. Imagine if we can get a couple Velars ... We might be able to actually stop traffic lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not UK order but still try to share that today my dealer call me here in Bulgaria and say that car already have main base number and if that happen cant be any delays!

Car will be here in Bulgaria last week of July wow!

Cant wait :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Placed my U.K order in April, told by the dealer again yesterday that as with all Velar orders at the moment it is in the 'holding pool' and still in the hands of JLR for a build date?? I was assured I'm in the first batch of orders for this dealership but looking on the forum loads of you seem to have locked in delivery dates.. am I being told a load of old flannel by the dealer?? Advice please...&#x1f44d-1f3fb;

·
Registered
727 Posts
Knighty75 said:
Placed my U.K order in April, told by the dealer again yesterday that as with all Velar orders at the moment it is in the 'holding pool' and still in the hands of JLR for a build date?? I was assured I'm in the first batch of orders for this dealership but looking on the forum loads of you seem to have locked in delivery dates.. am I being told a load of old flannel by the dealer?? Advice please...&#x1f44d-1f3fb;
Sorry to say but yes it seems you are. We all have confirmed orders with delivery and build dates. Ask the salesman for your vista sheet and see what that says?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Knighty75 said:
Which dealer is telling you this?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Knighty75 said:
Sytner Group.. I'm going to ask for clarification so cheers for the advice. I get the feeling because they are so big that they may be shifting the orders around their dealerships??
Maybe worth asking another dealer for their view on the situation and then your know if your existing dealer is telling you the truth.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been given build slot of 21st July, I was originally told that they expect it with them around 1st September or that first week of September.
Whats the views with registering it in August if it did arrive early? Worth waiting for the new reg or does it make no difference these days?

·
Registered
171 Posts
KeithP said:
I've been given build slot of 21st July, I was originally told that they expect it with them around 1st September or that first week of September.
Whats the views with registering it in August if it did arrive early? Worth waiting for the new reg or does it make no difference these days?
There are mixed opinions on this, personally, I would wait as it always looks better driving into a dealer at a later date with the latest reg plate you could get and at most, it would only be a month.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Knighty75 said:
I placed my order early June and asked if I could add an item to my order only for my dealer to say it can't be done as it's now been committed to build and no amendments can be made.

Do you now if your order has been comitted to build yet?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts