Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I saw on the brochures you can order summer tyres, just wondered whether winter tyres are also a possibility?

Just thinking as it would perhaps be cheaper to get the base wheels with the car in winters and order a larger set of ebay afterwards

Thanks

·
Registered
449 Posts
My dealer told me you can't order winter tires mounted or additionally from the factory. But they offer RR gear for a price tag that didn't seem attraktiv to me. So we're going to buy tires only and have them changed to the rims. The price for mounting was very low and we'll have the nice rims all the time. Since we lease for 3 years it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
79 Posts
On 21" and 22" rims, you'll get summer tires per default, on all the other rims it is possible to get multi purpose tires. Personally I've no experience with such tires, but I think it is as usual a compromise in all disciplines and therefore IMHO not the best solution.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Just ordered a set of winter Pirelli tyres from their performance ( factory ) store in Burton-on-Trent . Got the scorpion winter 255/50/20 which was about a grand fully installed and free tire storage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.