Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I saw another thread with some great info on setting up Pro Services and how little data is being used for traffic updates, then I tried to do some searching and found literally zero options in the USA to buy a SIM card with xGB of data available that doesn't expire after 30 days.

This was the best I could find price-wise, which is AT&T's offering for sharing your existing phone's data plan for $10/mo (and I have AT&T already): https://www.att.com/shop/en/wireless/connected-car/land-rover-incontrol-wi-fi/land-rover.html

I don't imagine ever using anything beyond the traffic updates & route planning for SatNav, so it pains me to pay $10/mo even though it's not that much all said and done. I really don't want to have to use my iPhone mounted to an air vent or *gasp* the windscreen given the TP Duo improvements and TFT, plus the obvious clean look of the interior.

Any other US-based Velarians find something I may be missing that doesn't make you pay monthly for data you won't use?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, it appears it's AT&T or nothing.

On way to pick up the new car and received an email from AT&T, without prompting, telling me to enjoy the 3GB trial for 3 months. This happened after setting up my Pro Services account.

FYI to any new US based owners.

·
Registered
449 Posts
It's pretty much the same thing in Germany. No prepaid sim with data that doesn't expire after 4 weeks. I'll end up with an additional data sim for 5 EUR per month. At least I can use it as hotspot in the car for the iPad rear seat entertainment.
I heard of British owners saying that they got a SIM card with data that doesn't expire, though. If it includes EU roaming that would work for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts