Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to get the car to "see" my iPhone hotspot. I am able to connect to Bluetooth and via USB for in control apps.

To be honest don't think I would ever really use the hotspot, but I like to tinker and test things out.

I'm also tempted to get a data sim just for a month to test things out. I love gadgets so can't resist how it all works together.

Has anyone been able to get their iphone connected as hotspot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
To use the Hotspot you must install a data sim you cant tether to your iphone through the Control System, if you want to Hotspot to your iphone this is setup on the iphone and has nothing to do with the car integration.

The only way to create a hotpsot is to install a data sim.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bazzert9.

I understand that - what I was wondering is whether it is possible to connect the car to my phone's wifi hotspot, rather than my home wifi, for example.

Seems that should be possible, but haven't been able to find my iPhone's wifi hotspot to connect to. I was able to see other normal wifi routers though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
558 Posts
Post resurrection... didnwe find an answer to this? Can you also connect you car to your home WiFi?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yes you can. You can catch any WiFi Even share your iPhone data through Bluetooth with the Velar. But the best is to take a data sim.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I had this problem initially but have managed to resolve it
You just need to rename your hotspot name on the iPhone to remove any apostrophes or spaces from your IPhone name.
Just go to settings - General - About then click on Name and edit
It should work fine after doing this.

·
Registered
24 Posts
BanzaiBT said:
You just need to rename your hotspot name on the iPhone to remove any apostrophes or spaces from your IPhone name.
Done this, works perfectly and connects automatically.
Thanks!

·
Registered
843 Posts
BanzaiBT said:
Brilliant - solves my connection issue removing the apostrophe. Still have a data sim, but good backup option and can get LTE now vs just 4G.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.