Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Velar Blue vs. Discovery Blue

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  roverforlife 
#1 ·
Good evening everyone. I've been keeping up with this forum for months and it really helped today when I finally had a chance to visit my dealer in Northern Virginia and get a first hand look at the Velar. What an amazing car. Had a chance to take the P380 HSE out for a 10 mile test drive and bringing it back to the dealership was difficult.

During the discussion with the salesman, who is one of the best I have every felt with, he stated that LR is merging colors and color names across the LR lines. Specifically, he mentioned that the Byron Blue in the Velar color lineup and the Loire Blue in the Discovery color lineup were going to become one.

Based on what I saw in person for the Loire Blue on the 2017 Discovery (simply stunning dark shimmering blue) and online for the Byron blue (a brighter but seemly duller shade of blue) I'm not sure what to expect. Does anyone have any greater insight or experience with the LR "blues" and what the real color options include?

Always appreciate the expert views here!

Thanks!

#3 ·
I have an Evoque in Loire Blue and it is a superb colour with "prismatic" colours in its metallic finish when viewed in sunlight. Unfortunately LR is soon discontinuing Loire Blue. I agree with Velarman Byron Blue is a totally different colour and much paler.

The colour choice with the Velar is relatively restrictive compared with the rest of the Range Rover range. I have a Velar R-Dynamic in Silicon Silver. I was fortunate to be invited to Solihull last March for a Velar event and I was talking with one of the design team. When I commented on the limited choice and asked what he thought was a colour that suited he said "Silicon Silver, just look how we have featured that colour in the brochure."

Finally, on the R-Dynamic Silicon Silver really sets off the "Copper" Fluting on the vents.

#4 ·
Velar809 said:
I have an Evoque in Loire Blue and it is a superb colour with "prismatic" colours in its metallic finish when viewed in sunlight. Unfortunately LR is soon discontinuing Loire Blue. I agree with Velarman Byron Blue is a totally different colour and much paler.

The colour choice with the Velar is relatively restrictive compared with the rest of the Range Rover range. I have a Velar R-Dynamic in Silicon Silver. I was fortunate to be invited to Solihull last March for a Velar event and I was talking with one of the design team. When I commented on the limited choice and asked what he thought was a colour that suited he said "Silicon Silver, just look how we have featured that colour in the brochure."

Finally, on the R-Dynamic Silicon Silver really sets off the "Copper" Fluting on the vents.
Any photos of yours that you can show?

Thanks

#7 ·
Velar809 said:
I wasn't sure which car you wanted a photo of so here is the Evoque in Loire Blue which I traded in for the Velar R-Dynamic SE D-300 which I took delivery of today, and even after 7 hours of ownership I've got to say "What a Car!"
Thanks Velar809! Great pictures! The Evoque blue is quite nice. I think the Byron Blue for the Velar is growing on me, however. No such thing as a bad choice in color, I think they all look great on this car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.