Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't know where people are getting green from.
On the RRS, the colour Scotia Grey looks very green to me.
I have seen Silicon Silver in real life twice, never got green out of it... that said, Its a highly reflective color so it picks up its surroundings very intensely. In my opinion its an amazing color but its all subjective - I would say it is a light gold/bronze with silver flecs of metallic paint in it. More grey and darker than Aruba on the RRS or FFRR.
Kaikoura Stone is definitely metallic bronze looking.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Agree completely with the poster above. The silicon silver does not have any shade/tint of green in it. I have viewed this colour in both the
showroom and daylight. If anything it is more grey than a silver than I originally expected.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The pic of the discovery above... did you have a look at the spec, are you certain that's Silicon silver? It looks more like Scotia Grey? Either way, have a look at the lighting and the environment around that car... its picking up green hues and objects around it. As stated, its a highly reflective color so it really depends what's around it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Van604 yes it is definitely and was confirmed by the dealer. As you say it is highly reflective and seems to almost mirror its surroundings. I have another couple of photos taken from another angle that show it much lighter.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Ok so just got back after seeing my own car for the first time :D what excitement!!

I took pics of the Silicon Green car however I have established that it's impossible to capture the green tinge on a camera! The car looks corris grey when a pic was taken but in real life it was green!
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Car

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts