Range Rover Velar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Super Moderator
428 Posts
Best wishes to you Mike and thank you for a great product.

·
Registered
Velar R-Dynamic SE D200 2022 Habuka Silver
114 Posts
On my shopping list once I actually take delivery of mine 🙄 looks great

·
Super Moderator
428 Posts
On my shopping list once I actually take delivery of mine 🙄 looks great
Ordered mine 3 months before delivery so I could pop it in straight away. Looks fantastic.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes its a great piece of kit - hang on in there they do arrive eventually - I only had to wait 6 months and a couple of spec changes (Velar that is) - but I love mine so far 2 months in.

This small adjustment and adding flush cigarette lighter USB ports in every socket means everyone is happy. I also have an idea for a wireless charging mat for the mobile - watch this space I will post pictures once it arrives and I try fitting it.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
428 Posts
Yes its a great piece of kit - hang on in there they do arrive eventually - I only had to wait 6 months and a couple of spec changes (Velar that is) - but I love mine so far 2 months in.

This small adjustment and adding cigarette lighter USB ports in every socket means everyone is happy. I also have an idea for a wireless charging mat for the mobile - watch this space I will post pictures once it arrives and I try fitting it.

Cheers
Like this?
Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle Personal luxury car Car

Reactions: Shropshire Lad

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great minds - mine arrived today but more like this (nice flat wire fits lovely under the consol sides completely hidden all the way up to the USB in the centre consol). I also had a USB A to USB C so I still have the Velars USB A free. At least here I can’t be tempted while I am driving!! (And its out of view) Now thinking of putting one in the rear arm rest for the sprogs powered from the 12v in the boot

Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive exterior Personal luxury car

·
Super Moderator
428 Posts
Great minds - mine arrived today but more like this (nice flat wire fits lovely under the consol sides completely hidden all the way up to the USB in the centre consol). I also had a USB A to USB C so I still have the Velars USB A free. At least here I can’t be tempted while I am driving!! (And its out of view) Now thinking of putting one in the rear arm rest for the sprogs powered from the 12v in the boot

View attachment 5229
Thats a better solution and was where I was going to put mine but couldn’t figure out a way to hide the wire. Can you show how you routed it please? Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
A bit rough but like this - the flat wire pushed up underneath the edging of the consol fine and stays there without any need for tape etc. All I did was applied a bit of tape on either end to tidy up the wire. I may switch the route down the passengers side so the PCP board you see is on the other side of the consol. Great thing about iPhones is They vibrate and make a small noise when they start charging so I know if I miss the mat and it might not be charging

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
428 Posts
A bit rough but like this - the flat wire pushed up underneath the edging of the consol fine and stays there without any need for tape etc. All I did was applied a bit of tape on either end to tidy up the wire. I may switch the route down the passengers side so the PCP board you see is on the other side of the consol. Great thing about iPhones is They vibrate and make a small noise when they start charging so I know if I miss the mat and it might not be charging
Thank you - great job. Going to re-route mine the same this weekend. 👍🏼

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just found added bonus today even ‘Hey Siri‘ works while the phone is on charge - thought it would be too far away!

Just ordered another for the rear and I will power this from the 12v in the boot (ordered a flush usb A charger. Going to put the pad in the arm rest across the cup holders so it does not leave any marls and route the wire out the back of the seat (just need to remember its there if i drop the seats).

I also added a single flush 12v x 2 usb c charger in the rear of the consol as well for passenger devices (x 2 children devices to the hilt) - think I am now done all for a lot less than any dealer fit!

·
Registered
1 Posts
For Sale Velar Cup Holder Cover ........ more photo's and comments in members gallery (Under Cup Holder Cover)

Cover in stock @ £28.95 including storage bag and UK P & P...........for other countries please ask for quote
Cover only available on this forum
If interested please email [email protected]
View attachment 1065 View attachment 1064
Came across Mike by accident, Love this product, fits perfect. thank you so much Mike you saved my life, not having a cup holder cover was a huge bug bare to me. Thanks again

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sadly I'm selling my Velar this week, does anyone want one of these covers? Great condition complete with the little pouch.
Just want the postage paying to me and your promise to stick a few quid into a Ukraine charity if you want it.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts