Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - new here so apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. I've just purchased a used Velar (santorini black) and noticed some fading close to the door seals (front doors both sides), has anyone else experienced this? Is this a fault with leaking door seal which is then going onto the paintwork? Any tips on restoration or advice?

Vehicle Building Window Hood Motor vehicle
Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi - new here so apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. I've just purchased a used Velar (santorini black) and noticed some fading close to the door seals (front doors both sides), has anyone else experienced this? Is this a fault with leaking door seal which is then going onto the paintwork? Any tips on restoration or advice?

View attachment 5469 View attachment 5470
JP, yep had exactly the same problem on my Velar when it got to 2 years old. Land Rover didn’t quibble and replaced under warranty. Mine was both sides. I suggest you pop into your dealer. If I find the pictures of mine I’ll post on here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mate that’s good to know the vehicle is only 2 years old as well. What did you say to the dealer feel like I’m going to get the old wear tear speech from them! But will pop down there tomorrow

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks mate that’s good to know the vehicle is only 2 years old as well. What did you say to the dealer feel like I’m going to get the old wear tear speech from them! But will pop down there tomorrow
They were very good, thought it was de-laminating where water had got in at that time they hadn’t seen it before. I don’t think I have any paperwork on it but if you get stuck I’ll give you my registration number and they can look it up on their system. Didnt take long to fix either pop off pop on.
should add I sold the car in December 21 so can’t take any current pictures.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It’s exactly that the water seems to be running down the seal onto the paint work causing some cloudy effect on the paint, will head down there tomorrow and see what they say but thank you for responding appreciate it

·
Registered
25 Posts
It’s exactly that the water seems to be running down the seal onto the paint work causing some cloudy effect on the paint, will head down there tomorrow and see what they say but thank you for responding appreciate it
I've attached a picture of my car to try and show the problem, apologies for the water. If you look at the black trim just in front of the steering wheel you should be able to see it. There is also some damage just forward of the vertical black plastic panel. If you zoom in you should be able to see it clearer. Good luck
Motor vehicle Window Hood Vehicle Car

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks mate appreciate the photo the mark on your car doesn’t look half as bad as mine, went down to LR today and they’ve booked me in (wouldn’t look at it!) Have been warned if it is not a manufacturing fault I would need to pay a labour charge of £185, just hoping customer care/service is valued and they don’t try to bump me, although will fight it.

Thanks again

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks mate appreciate the photo the mark on your car doesn’t look half as bad as mine, went down to LR today and they’ve booked me in (wouldn’t look at it!) Have been warned if it is not a manufacturing fault I would need to pay a labour charge of £185, just hoping customer care/service is valued and they don’t try to bump me, although will fight it.

Thanks again
I'm surprised at your dealers attitude, obviously a fault in the manufacture. My Dealer was Hendy at Christchurch in Dorset. I saw and dealt with quickly before it got worse, it was the dealer who saw the drivers side was suffering as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update local dealer passed on photos to head office who passed it back saying they can’t make a decision and it is at the discretion of the branch service manager who has said it wouldn’t be covered (Wtf!). Arguing back and fourth and it is now back with the service manager to resolve. The service with LR has become a joke, happy to sell high end vehicles not happy to resolve issues we face

1 - 11 of 11 Posts