Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having owned 3 BMW X5s over the past 10 years I have tried to get my wife into a Range Rover. Answer always was that its a big vehicle! So we tried a Cayenne - seems to have been designed by an airline pilot - a switch for every function - very cluttered and interior colour scheme limited to 3 colours.

Then tried the Q7 - another big car but interior felt small and claustrophobic exarcebated by the small side windows.

Last week I showed her pics of the Velar explaining that it slotted between the Evoque and RRS. Result - liked the look. A phone call to the local dealer led to a test drive of the 300D HSE. Result - loved the thing! But......when we priced up the spec we liked we were over £80k so asked about the First Edition. All sold we were told and no more orders being taken. Undetterrred my wife rang around the dealers - pretty much the same answer - all sold but we might get a cancellation. However one dealer had just that, a First Edition in Silicon Silver. Deposit paid immediately and test drive today. Have you seen the thing - should be put into a designer art gallery. Stunning vehicle - it moves the SUV game on big time. My wife is collecting on 1st September on a 67 plate. First car she is excited about for a long time so well pleased.

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
Congrats! Take the car now and enjoy it! Why wait a month for what? This is a new model launch and plates will hardly make a difference in the next few months unless of course you intend to keep it for 3/4 years! I am driving mine now and very happy I did rather than wait a month

·
Registered
171 Posts
Very nice, had the same conversation with the dealer today about why people were waiting and they had no idea, they said if you came in with one on a 17 plate that was delivered in late July or a 67 plate delivered in early August the difference in trade in could be 50 pounds at best as the cars are now apparently valued on date supplied not the old system of year of plate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good advice and seems to make sense. We have an X5 to P/X so wanted to try a sale privately first so a few weeks to give it a go. If the car sells sooner it might force our hand! Thanks for responding BTW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts