Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I know my car does not arrive till December, however, there are still some things on my list that I want to do once I get it, the main one is adding an additional drl to one of the vent lines on the front bumper. I have come across Urban Automotive who have this as part of a body kit for the range rover sport they produce. They are producing one for the velar to be released in January which will include a similar drl on that kit but I am actually not a fan of their kit and prefer the velar as it is on delivery. They will not sell that part or modify my existing bumper to do this but did say it can be done.

My question is, does anybody know of companies I could speak to who would do this for me?

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car


I think it looks awesome, let me know what you guys think.

Cheers
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
558 Posts
Personally not a fan of what you're suggesting as I think the car are beautiful as it is, however luckily we are all different otherwise what a boring life we would all have.

so if im understanding the question, all you want is a straight DRL added to the burnished copper vents on the bumper? if so I would imagine any auto electrician would be able to do this, however be aware of how this affects your warranty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
558 Posts
Yep, guess the guy wants more light.........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes its a daytime running light but this is just an additional one for an aesthetic reason, I just like the look of it that's all.

@Milky400 that's correct just one to go on one of the slats on the copper vents.

The Range rover sport in the pic above has the daytime lights on together with this additional strip. I need to double check the warranty etc just in case but I have a company in Manchester coming back to me with a quote who specialise in things like this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Why not just turn on the front fog lights? I think it looks pretty good with the DRL's and front lights on. I mean I get what you're going after but not sure it's worth the effort and cost.

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Hood
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
andrewhargreaves said:
Why not just turn on the front fog lights? I think it looks pretty good with the DRL's and front lights on. I mean I get what you're going after but not sure it's worth the effort and cost.

IMG_3102.jpg
So glad I got corris grey looks so good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Danger said:
Yes its a daytime running light but this is just an additional one for an aesthetic reason, I just like the look of it that's all.

@Milky400 that's correct just one to go on one of the slats on the copper vents.

The Range rover sport in the pic above has the daytime lights on together with this additional strip. I need to double check the warranty etc just in case but I have a company in Manchester coming back to me with a quote who specialise in things like this.
Each to there own tastes mate, I'm sure it will look cool, be sure to post pics what ever you do will be interested in how it comes out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
843 Posts
andrewhargreaves said:
Why not just turn on the front fog lights? I think it looks pretty good with the DRL's and front lights on. I mean I get what you're going after but not sure it's worth the effort and cost.

IMG_3102.jpg
Oooo hadn't turned on the fog lights yet. That does look pretty good. Thanks for sharing the pic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Joe said:
Fog lights only come with R dynamic - how stupid is that?? What does the lights do have to do with design? An epic fail!
On the standard velar it comes with the premium exteriour pack for £725, they really intended to make the basic car basic, adding minor things that should come as standard will take you to £50k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Oh my mistake, I just assumed they all came with them, like most vehicles out there. That's not cool at all on Land Rover's part. I understand holding some things back for the less expensive packages but that is ridiculous.

Joe said:
Fog lights only come with R dynamic - how stupid is that?? What does the lights do have to do with design? An epic fail!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
They do come part of the premium exterior package on the Velar. But agree it's a strange omission

They way you can spec the Velar you can have the 380 engine in an HSE spec but still have no fog lights and the basic cosmic interior finish, all for serious £££. Odd approach really
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
558 Posts
Same with the evoque, not standard and an option pack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@andrewhargreaves you are a legend pal, I didn't even realise that the car had Fog lights lol and on that note you have saved me time and money. They look good as what i wanted and in basically the same location.

All I need now is to get the Paint Protection Film organised, buy a cup holder cover from the chap on the forum and get LR to fit my front and back dash cams
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Danger said:
@andrewhargreaves you are a legend pal, I didn't even realise that the car had Fog lights lol and on that note you have saved me time and money. They look good as what i wanted and in basically the same location.

All I need now is to get the Paint Protection Film organised, buy a cup holder cover from the chap on the forum and get LR to fit my front and back dash cams
Ha no worries, glad I could help. I just found out last night that there is a rear wiper tucked up under the spoiler! I was in some rain for the first time and saw it come down in the rear view mirror, much to my surprise. My old Sport had the rear windshield wiper at the bottom and rotating upwards. I didn't even notice it while washing it on this Velar.

Anyway, I'm with you -- I like the look of the DRL's and the front fog lights on. I don't know, it's sort of unique looking.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top