Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Velar R-Dynamic SE D200 2022 Habuka Silver
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Now before I get started on this subject (as I suspect it may be a controversial one?), I'm merely asking advice and opinions on this. I've been aware of ECU remaps for either better power or better economy, with economy as my interest on this.

I'm fully aware that you can void your warranty on engine if anything in the future goes wrong, however if you select on your insurance that the car is modified and select the ECU modification, it adds a little to your premium, but covers you. The result of this can be a greater increase in BHP or better MPG, I'm not talking back-street garage kinda services, but the premium well advertised companies that do this professionally.

Has anyone else looked into this or considered it? Again, this is purely out of interest on whether this is a commonly done thing and if there's any do's and dont's with this,

Cheers,

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi Hummel
have a Tunit It box, plug and play, takes about 20 mins to install. I have had these Tunit boxes in all my cars, well since the introduction of the 1st BMW X5, even in my BMW M5 F10
It has multiple settings so you can adjust the power output to suite, the low setting which will provide improved fuel economy to the high setting that gives maximum power.
The new units are Bluetooth that enable you to adjust the settings from an APP on your phone.
I would highly recommend these guys, have been doing this for years,.
Other advantage is when you come to service the car
r, unplug the unit,sand they cannot tell that anything has ever been attached. When you come to sell or exchange, remove and send it back to Tunit, they will remap and change the wiring loom to fit your new car at half the cost.
the unit I have now has been on my last 3 cars

·
Registered
Velar R-Dynamic SE D200 2022 Habuka Silver
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's awesome, thanks for the really helpful reply, really appreciate it.

My biggest worry is if there's any issues with the velar in the future and for example, it breaks down at the road side and has to be recovered, the drama of if its found to have been modified etc, I'm assuming this bypasses that issue as you can just unplug?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes it can be unplugged it is plug and play as they say.
All you need is pair of pliers which I always keep a small toll kit in the boot anyway

1 - 5 of 5 Posts