Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we have had some debate here about sale figures of the Velar - so perhaps something interesting to share (from JLR Investor Relations)

June sales 112 (RRS 6,710)
July sales 1,731 (RRS 5,981)
August sales 1,601 (RRS 5,049)
September sales 5,377 (RRS 4,919)
October sales 4,770 (RRS 5,371)

Total sales YTD 13,591

I found it interesting to see how the model is progressing, and it seems to quickly having picked up a nice spot of demand on the range alongside the RRS - of course the Evoque/Disco Sport still leads by a margin due to entry level pricing.

The Velar is already performing better than the Disco

data available here - http://www.jaguarlandrover.com/2016/reports-and-financial-downloads

My reading of this is that the concerns on demand, residuals, etc don't have fundamental especially if you look at expected residuals (or final value payments) from JLR on their finance deals.

What are your thoughts? Already 13,591 Velar owners amongst us - we need more people to come and join the nice debates on the forum! :lol:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well those numbers are proof that it's not a sales "disaster" at a minimum. Might be right in line with their expectations. I'm sure Land Rover did their research and knew there was a slice of the market they could get sales from. Not going to rehash all the VelarMan stuff but sometimes people get influenced by hearsay and false information spread by sales people and Internet forums. I think this is an expensive small crossover but I don't think it's "overpriced". And yes I realize I'm the only one on this forum who feels this way. :)

This is not scientific but I've only seen ONE new Discovery on the road and I've seen 4 Velar's so far so I believe the above data. But maybe it makes sense because I'm sure less people prioritize the off road ability and extra seating that the Disco offers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Still enjoying my Velar every day - for me a good decision- pleased to see a good start with sales. l suspect the Velar will always be a sought after car - my Freelander2 HST was.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I recently read somewhere that something like 85% of Velar buyers have come from other brands. That's impressive.

I think the Velar appeals to Porsche/Audi/Mercedes type buyers in a way that other Range Rover models do not.

G

·
That's probably true KRG.
After a succession of all the German brands I am - finally - considering a "British" brand. Would love to buy a Velar, and accept that not all postings here are negative, but I do worry about reliability issues. Current Audi has not been reliable so changing after two years but these big pretenders to the German throne - or those aiming high - need too understand Lexus like reliability should be a given, not a desire. And I do consider, by any measurement, the Velar to be an expensive car.

·
Registered
558 Posts
When I was pricing up the Velar, I looked at the small Porsche thing, Macan? For what I am paying for the velar the Mecan was basic, and I find them extremely ugly. Mid range Velar for me is the best looking, best value vehicle in its category. Although I'm 8'days away, and counting, until collection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.