Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up this morning, went out side, car gone.

I've only had the car 3 months, after a long search for the right spec.

First car I've had stolem in 40 years of motoring.

Advice from police, is to get a faraday box for keys, or install a ghost imobiliser.

Now off to find another car.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Terrible. Ba*tards. Sorry to hear this.

Have you got the App to try and find last location of vehicle?

Faraday boxes/pouches (or a couple of layers of Bacofoil) have been discussed here over the years.
As has JLRs fancy methods of preventing relay theft. Sadly, it sounds like it doesn't work assuming they used that method.

Did the police hold out any hope for detection/recovery?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies.

It was a 68 plate fully loaded D300 HSE.

Keys were at the back of the house, not in Faraday box, but I thought far enough away (obviously wrong on that one).

Police response was very quick, and the LR app shows they drove it about half a mile away until it disappeared. My guess is the tracking dissabled and on to a truck to begin its journey to Eastern Europe or a chop shop.

Just need to wait now and see what value the insurance put on it.?!?

·
Registered
69 Posts

Advice from police, is to get a faraday box for keys, or install a ghost imobiliser.

Sorry to hear about your bad news.
It’s always a worry with any car, especially if you’ve looked long and hard for the exact spec that you wanted.
I travelled to Scotland, over a 500 mile round trip for the spec I wanted and I’d be like you, gutted.
I keep each of my keys in ‘2’ faraday pouches, one inside the other, double protection hopefully but if they’re professional, they’ll get it one way or another.
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Coastboy - try putting your reg into WeBuyAnyCar and say Parker’s to see what value they put on it. As the car is on the stolen list then they may not work. Some of those allow a manual entry without a reg. That would be the minimum and the Parker one gives the cost privately and at a dealers. Autotrader has 2 2018 D300 HSE’s and they are both at £46k. Good luck getting it sorted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What a pain for you. I have seen all these stories and even though I live in a very rural part of the country it worried me that our cars are so very desirable to thieves. So I also use Faraday pouches, I have also disabled keyless entry and bought a stoplock pro steering wheel lock. On top of that the car is covered by two ring camera's at the front of the house which will send out an alert if anyone comes onto our property. If they get through all that then I give up!!
I have considered the ghost immobiliser too but not yet got around to that.

·
Registered
Velar MY20 Dynamic HSE V6 Red with Black Pack, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Opening Roof.
13 Posts

still looking for one. Try mine on gumtree
Search. “2020 Land Rover Velar HSE D300 V6 3.0L R-Dynamic Auto 4WD 5dr with 300HP 150MPH achievable 53MPG”
or Velar St Andrews
Purchased Approved in November for £63k willing to loose £11k on it as going back to F-Pace sports.

·
Registered
Velar MY20 Dynamic HSE V6 Red with Black Pack, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Opening Roof.
13 Posts
still looking for one. Try mine on gumtree
Search. “2020 Land Rover Velar HSE D300 V6 3.0L R-Dynamic Auto 4WD 5dr with 300HP 150MPH achievable 53MPG”
or Velar St Andrews
Purchased Approved in November for £63k willing to loose £11k on it as going back to F-Pace sports.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So finally after a few negotiations I got a full payout for my Velar, the problem is now that there are no similar specced cars on sale at the currently. So suggestions on a card please for an alternative.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts