Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so yesterday i posted in excitement that my Velar is built and may well arrive before the end of this month. As mine is a 1st edition it may well be the case however my dealer sent me this in the morning :lol: It seems someone in IT and JLR will get fired as it resulted in some Velar's being delivered too early :shock:

The dealer car's will come first followed by the 1st Editions and then the rest... Read on folks:

Issued to Heads of Business, Sales Managers, Sales Administrators, Regional Business Managers and Sales Operations team

We have been made aware that some retailers have been able to call over RR Velar vehicles (non Showroom, Demonstrator and First Edition vehicles) in VISTA.

Please be aware that, although the call over button was available in VISTA, this has not triggered a call over in the distribution system, We have holds applied to these vehicles and the call over button should not have appeared in VISTA. Our IT colleagues are investigating this issue.

To confirm, we are currently releasing showroom and demonstrator vehicles which will be followed by a central release of First Editions vehicles. Customer vehicle holds will then be released to enable retailers to call over those vehicles. We will confirm when this becomes possible, most likely early August as advised in the latest supply bulletin.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Callover is when a car has been built at Solihull and is called over to the dealership for handover! It seems many of our cars have already been built but the dealers are not allowed to call them over for delivery as yet.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm off to Solihull next Friday to do the Range Rover Experience and Velar production tour.

I'll have a look for my vehicle whilst I'm there... the build date was yesterday.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was there a few months ago and there were literally hundreds of Velars on the production line and in the parking lots. I'm guessing those hundreds are now thousands so good luck in finding yours :D

·
Registered
177 Posts
Surely, the dealerships will get their demos BEFORE their customers get their orders otherwise they'll look daft if new customers come in after seeing them out on the road and they don't have any available to show them!

Demos arriving next week, delivery by mid to late August me thinks.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rob these are all dealer demo cars and cars the dealers ordered for stock and disay purposes. No UL customer cars as yet. As per the email posted above it's the first editions to be delivered before the rest of the range.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts