Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a very fistidious sound with a very high frequency, almost deafening that I have heard on the highway twice already! the first time just withdrawn from the dealership! the speed was constant, as soon as I touched the brake the noise disappeared! a brake pad that touched the disc? ever happened to anyone? my car is new, it is only 10 days old

·
Super Moderator
428 Posts
Sounds like it. Can take a little while for the pads/discs to bed in.

Reactions: Pier

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never got that on any new car, ever
Don’t let them fob you off with a ‘bed in’ excuse
What could be the cause ? I have no intention to bring ma velar to the assistance at the moment, I know that they would disassemble parts without finding the cause ...

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had this today on the motorway, it was horrendous- we were playing music form CarPlay plugged in, but cruising at 75mph, no braking - it was horrible. Car is just over 4 weeks old.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I had this today on the motorway, it was horrendous- we were playing music form CarPlay plugged in, but cruising at 75mph, no braking - it was horrible. Car is just over 4 weeks old.
nooo! then there is a series with some problems, even mine only has days! but then how did the sound disappear?
have you already informed the authorized workshop?

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have had a screeching sound from the audio which doesn’t diminish even if you turn the volume down. Had it about 6 times over 6 months. The service manager at my dealers also had it in his car ! We think it may be associated with the noise cancelling on the Meridian. He has asked that I take mine in next time it happens so they can have a look at the error logs. If it is the noise cancelling then it explains why it can appear on any audio source.

·
Registered
172 Posts
nooo! then there is a series with some problems, even mine only has days! but then how did the sound disappear?
have you already informed the authorized workshop?
I haven’t done anything yet as it was the first time it has happened, I’ve not used CarPlay much until today (mostly use blue tooth) so that is the only thought/connection - the radio and music switches itself off fairly often and I get a warning about audible alert on the dash that disappears so quick it’s impossible to take a photo. This is my only gremlin so far, I’m still in software 1.9.7 - it’s be nice to get the latest software to see if it keeps happening before I take it in.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven’t done anything yet as it was the first time it has happened, I’ve not used CarPlay much until today (mostly use blue tooth) so that is the only thought/connection - the radio and music switches itself off fairly often and I get a warning about audible alert on the dash that disappears so quick it’s impossible to take a photo. This is my only gremlin so far, I’m still in software 1.9.7 - it’s be nice to get the latest software to see if it keeps happening before I take it in.
in my case when the problem appeared I did not have apple car play connected .... Anyway I look forward to the software version 3.0

·
Registered
425 Posts
I get the same ’audible alert’ sometimes. I think it’s the fake sound (AVAS) that should work when you’re on EV below 12 mph and that comes up to say it is off.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I get the same ’audible alert’ sometimes. I think it’s the fake sound (AVAS) that should work when you’re on EV below 12 mph and that comes up to say it is off.
That’s interesting Wivenhoe, have you managed to read what it says on the dash? Does your issue turn the music off and then back on again at a different volume?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
but it could be that sometimes the problem is the Active Road Noise Cancellation, powered by Silentium's Active Acoustics technology, uses sensors on each wheel to constantly monitor the vibrations coming from the road surface and to calculate the sound wave of opposite phase necessary to eliminate the noise perceived by the occupants. Through real-time monitoring it is possible to isolate and remove unexpected noises coming from holes or rough surfaces.

·
Registered
425 Posts
That’s interesting Wivenhoe, have you managed to read what it says on the dash? Does your issue turn the music off and then back on again at a different volume?
I don’t get any adjustment to the audio - just the warning in amber lettering - something like Acoustic Alert System unavailable. I’ll pay more attention next time !

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have had this issue, its the active noise cancellation causing the problem as you get the warning prior to it happening. I have had the media stopping and then coming back since I got the car in Feb but difficult to replicate and it does not register a fault code. However since beginning of November when OS 2.16 was installed I have had what you would call engine noise through the speakers (just like on old cars when you didnt fit a suppressor to the ignition circuit.) a couple of times.

Dealer updated module software to see if that would cure it but it didn't. I have since recorded the sound and emailed it to my dealer so they can hear it and pass it to JLR.

Last night i received OS 3.0 update so I will see if this cures the problem. I will keep you informed.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have had this issue, its the active noise cancellation causing the problem as you get the warning prior to it happening. I have had the media stopping and then coming back since I got the car in Feb but difficult to replicate and it does not register a fault code. However since beginning of November when OS 2.16 was installed I have had what you would call engine noise through the speakers (just like on old cars when you didnt fit a suppressor to the ignition circuit.) a couple of times.

Dealer updated module software to see if that would cure it but it didn't. I have since recorded the sound and emailed it to my dealer so they can hear it and pass it to JLR.

Last night i received OS 3.0 update so I will see if this cures the problem. I will keep you informed.
i think the problem i had is the same! let me know if you solve it with 3.0 ... I'm not sure if this software package is the same also to determines the "anti-noise" frequency .. but it is possible!

·
Registered
59 Posts
i think the problem i had is the same! let me know if you solve it with 3.0 ... I'm not sure if this software package is the same also to determines the "anti-noise" frequency .. but it is possible!
Hi Pier
OS3.0 seems to have cured this problem, i have not had this issue since update to OS3.0, fingers crossed - touch wood and all that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.