1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does this mean the Velar has the wading sensors on the side mirrors? ie when you are in water and look at the screen can you see the depth of the vehicle? It states this is an option but I see no place to pick it, and I see no place where it says it's included.

Again, I understand the car has great wading depth, I'm just trying to understand if it comes with the sensors to measure the depth?

·
Registered
98 Posts
The wading sensors are ONLY available as a further add on when you select the surround camera system option - you can have surround camera system OR surround camera system WITH wading depth sensors - and yes they so work like you say BUT you cannot have them WITHOUT the surround camera system too

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sorry - my advice above is 100% correct for Australian Spec ... BUT maybe you cant get wade sensing in USA - seems your options are more limited than we are offered here - BUT your's are considerably cheaper too!

·
Registered
69 Posts
No, just VPN'd to US site, no option for Wade sensors, In Europe it's a Driving Aid and "Surround Camera System with Wade Sensing" is the only option. Maybe another litigious US problem, you get stuck in water and sue LR for not telling you it was too deep ;)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Rrvel said:
No, just VPN'd to US site, no option for Wade sensors, In Europe it's a Driving Aid and "Surround Camera System with Wade Sensing" is the only option. Maybe another litigious US problem, you get stuck in water and sue LR for not telling you it was too deep ;)
WTF - you're right! Just went to UK and saw this, which is definitely not an option, even for First Edition, in the US - come'n JLR...... :

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow really annoying. So hard to believe how many options get left off for USA. Wading sensors, matrix headlight upgrade. Hard to believe there are laws against this, but hard to imagine why else they wouldn't include.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I see no reason why JLR would not offer these options in the US. I must have something to do with laws/legal challenges. Come US, wake up and smell the coffee.

·
Registered
843 Posts
roverforlife said:
wow really annoying. So hard to believe how many options get left off for USA. Wading sensors, matrix headlight upgrade. Hard to believe there are laws against this, but hard to imagine why else they wouldn't include.
Woah, that's the first I've heard about no matrix LED in the US. I'm about to cancel my damn order! Feeling duped by their marketing. No mention when configuring that some of their marquee features are silently left off of models bound for the US.

Just saw the other thread on Matrix. JLR - at least be up front on your US site, especially if it's due to stupid regulations and not by choice.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I was told by my USA dealer that "wade sensing is not an option on the Velar".

·
Registered
442 Posts
When I ordered mine last October in the UK wadw sensing was available, just checked on the configurator and it is still showing as an option for £250. Not sure if this is the standard price or as an option to the spec I was entering, which was the same as my current car.

I did notice that it is still not possible to add the On/Off road and the Driver Assist packs together on the configurator, but dealers can add them both together (I have both on my car). The price for both together is not the combined individual prices.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Jim55 said:
When I ordered mine last October in the UK wade sensing was available, just checked on the configurator and it is still showing as an option for £250. Not sure if this is the standard price or as an option to the spec I was entering, which was the same as my current car.

I did notice that it is still not possible to add the On/Off road and the Driver Assist packs together on the configurator, but dealers can add them both together (I have both on my car). The price for both together is not the combined individual prices.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.